Monster Turbines too heavy?
Oct 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ovlazek

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
I've been lurking these forums for several months now and a few months ago made the first step to hearing my music. I bought a couple pairs of over ear headphones that I love, but decided to get better iem's for on the go. I was (and I suppose for the moment, still am) using Bose in ears.

It was my birthday last week and I got two pairs. Brainwavz B2 and Monster Turbines. I just got the B2 so I haven't really used them much yet, but the Turbines I have struggling to fit properly over the last few days. I have gone through all of the provided tips but none seem to do the trick. The medium single flange and the large triple flange have been my best results so far. The large triple flange seem to be mildly uncomfortable but I haven't given myself enough time with them to get used to it. The main reason being that the sound is not nearly good enough. It sounds as if I am dangling the bud a centimeter or so from my ear. I don't know if I could fit this further into my ear without vomiting from discomfort. For this reason I gave the medium single flange another shot. The results here are much better. When I apply slight pressure to the iem's with my hands, they sound terrific. The problem is that as soon as I move my hands, the seal is no longer there and the low end immediately drops out. If I move my head a few degrees, they just fall out. FYI, I am wearing these around my ears. It feels as if the weight of the metal phone just pulls it out of my ear.

Am I doing something wrong here? I have honestly spent the greater part of three hours this evening trying to learn how to wear these. My old Bose just sit comfortably in my ears with no effort what so ever.

TIA, you extremely learned bunch.

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #2 of 8
Well after quite a bit of practicing and frustration, I finally stumbled upon the following video. I'm sure that it has been posted on the forums here before. Worked like a jiffy, so I thought I would post it here for anyone else who might have this problem in the future. I couldn't find any specifics when I did a search before I posted the OP.

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #3 of 8
Relaxing your jaw would definitely help, but isn't going fix everything. Have you tried wearing them around the ear ? I find that some IEMs fit better when wore upside down.

Oct 7, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Well after quite a bit of practicing and frustration, I finally stumbled upon the following video. I'm sure that it has been posted on the forums here before. Worked like a jiffy, so I thought I would post it here for anyone else who might have this problem in the future. I couldn't find any specifics when I did a search before I posted the OP.

OMG HER ( . ) ( . ) !!!

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #6 of 8
Turbine gold is just a little bit heavy. Even you fit them in your ears. when you walking u will still feel them pulling your ears.

Copper I suppose is better since it got the ear support accessories.

Oct 7, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Turbine gold is just a little bit heavy. Even you fit them in your ears. when you walking u will still feel them pulling your ears.

Copper I suppose is better since it got the ear support accessories.

My regular Turbines came with the ear support accessories. But they were kind of junky it seemed. They were color labeled incorrectly and they just didn't feel right at all when I was wearing them. After I got the correct fit that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back