Monster Turbine
Sep 9, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #17 of 47
A basic warranty? Probably. We're talking probably just a year.

It's not the lifetime warranty like the Turbine Pro's have.

By the way, the Turbines are literally going smoke your Skullcandy.

Sep 9, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #18 of 47

Quote:
A basic warranty? Probably. We're talking probably just a year.

It's not the lifetime warranty like the Turbine Pro's have.

By the way, the Turbines are literally going smoke your Skullcandy.

I hope so, since i compared my skullcandies ink'd to a sennheiser CX II Precision and it got rocked in the ass

How does the bass, overall sound and other stuff compared to the sennheiser cx II precisions?

Sep 9, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #21 of 47
I would ask if they were real Turbines.  How did you wear them out in 11 months?  Dog chew toy?  I can't believe they would be worse than the Shure cables they used to use.

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #22 of 47

Quote:
So the cable is really bad?
How does the cable of turbines compared with my skull candies?

I'm not being mean but do some research. You won't really find anyone that would say a good thing about Skull Candy's in this forum. The general rule is Skull Candy is rubbish. Anything sounds better than Skull Candy. Including Apple buds. The search button is always useful.

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #23 of 47

Quote:
I'm not being mean but do some research. You won't really find anyone that would say a good thing about Skull Candy's in this forum. The general rule is Skull Candy is rubbish. Anything sounds better than Skull Candy. Including Apple buds. The search button is always useful.

Yea i kno the sound of Turbines will rock the Skullz

But in terms of durability?

Mine skullcandy wires are really thin and it tangles a lot

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #28 of 47

Quote:
Also, on amazon there were a few people saying the sound quality is really bad
Worse than a $20 pair

dont worry about these comments.  the turbines have much better sound quality than 20 dollar headphones.  the people saying these comments probably werent getting a good seal or were listening to really crappy audio files.  also if your worried that the turbines might be fake, monster has a list on their site of authorized sellers and sellers to look out for.  you can always email monster asking if their real or not as well

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #29 of 47
I have never owned SC buds, but when I wasn't currently educating myself in headphones/audio, I have bought a pair of low riders. The first time that I have tried them, I could already hear cracks in the headbands. They broke after about a couple of wears. That's skull candy for ya. The monster turbine build quality should be totally fine, as long as you don't heavily abuse them (like chew on them).

Sep 10, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #30 of 47

Quote:
I have never owned SC buds, but when I wasn't currently educating myself in headphones/audio, I have bought a pair of low riders. The first time that I have tried them, I could already hear cracks in the headbands. They broke after about a couple of wears. That's skull candy for ya. The monster turbine build quality should be totally fine, as long as you don't heavily abuse them (like chew on them).

Compare to apple earbuds?
I meant in terms of durability and sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back