Monster Turbine lacking bass....defect??
Dec 1, 2010 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

jamestsao

New Head-Fier
Well i received my brand new monster turbines from amazon yesterday. Was pretty disappointed about the bass, or lack there of. I'm reading reviews and stuff, and they all say that it has good bass. Don't know if i should RMA. I am using properly fitted eartips btw. I tried every single type to see if theres any change. Been using for about 10-15 hours now. No change.

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 17
I agree that something is wrong. Mine have very strong bass, probably about equal to that of my Grado 225i in terms of impact. I have noticed that with the flange tips the seal is very finicky but it sounds like this isn't the issue for you.

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #5 of 17
I actually find my MT have too much bass, dont get me wrong it's not bad bommy bass but solid deep bass but usually i prefer my music to be clean and less bassy as i listen mostly to vocal and string.

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #6 of 17
also a good seal can make a lot of different. a bad seal can make a $200 IME sounds like $2 :) and make sure what u have is legit monster.

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
OK yea im definitely going to RMA. Should i go through amazon first since its so new or Monster?

Amazon will be faster and easier.  Monster should be the second option.

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
also a good seal can make a lot of different. a bad seal can make a $200 IME sounds like $2 :) and make sure what u have is legit monster.

Took the words write off my keyboard.  A good seal is paramount for any IEM.  When I owned the Turbines, I had to push in and out and wiggle a bit to get the perfect seal; without it, it made it appear that they were defects when in fact it was lack of good seal.  However, I wouldn't rule out a defect either as the MD Tributes had to be RMA.

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #10 of 17
Ditto. Before you RMA them, try the various eartips. The left side of my Turbines is bad (popping/crackling and works only in a very narrow position range). If BOTH sides sound the same way? You don't have 'em properly sealed against your ear canals. You'll know when you get it right.

Dec 2, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #14 of 17
I got them on the amazon black Friday Sale. Yea i guess something is wrong. I have decided i will send these back to amazon and request a new one instead of dealing with monster.

EDIT* OK i put in a return authorization for these things and amazon said i have until January 31st to mail these back. They also immediately placed an order with 1 day shipping for free so ill have new ones by tomorrow. Thats what i call customer service

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #15 of 17
I also got mine from amazon sales. YouTube and monster site have a demo how to wear the IME correctly. Basically open your mounth, relax your jaw pull your ear up then insert the IME. I tried many of the included tips before I find one that work best non of the triple frange work for my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back