Monster releases "Audiophile" Earbud Headphones - Gasp!
Dec 1, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 20
Two things turned me off; Another set of Beats? And the clip.
Oh man, how I hate headphones with clips.

And they're not even "Audiophile" earphones, they're called PowerBeats.
I hope Monster releases an actual set of earphones called Audiophile, something like the Turbines - original design, no Dr. Dre prefix on the name.

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #6 of 20
These are why I still can't take the Monster Turbine's seriously. I've heard the Turbines and I am legitimately impressed, but when a company makes a product like the Turbines and then turns around and makes...these. I kind of feel like the turbines future is wrought with design by committee issues. If they are going to make a product and they want to make something THAT tacky, don't associate their name with it.

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #9 of 20
Just to clarify, these are in-ear just like the rest of the Beats earphone line.
Quote:
Quote:monster
LeBron, Dr. Dre and Monster collaborated to create the highest quality performance sport headphones.

wat

As if there weren't enough reasons already to skip these! 
wink.gif

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #10 of 20

Quote:
Who knows. Lebron may be the audiophile! lol I dunno. Calling them the audiophile headphones is slowly turning into a misnomer.

Odds are strong he will set up a tv interview and ask what he should do about them.  Should he use them or not :p

Dec 2, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #11 of 20
I am so sick of seeing this "beats" crap everywhere I go... Part of me wishes Monster would have just stayed in the overpriced-cable market.

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #14 of 20

Quote:
Two things turned me off; Another set of Beats? And the clip.
Oh man, how I hate headphones with clips.

And they're not even "Audiophile" earphones, they're called PowerBeats.
I hope Monster releases an actual set of earphones called Audiophile, something like the Turbines - original design, no Dr. Dre prefix on the name.

Now now, let's not forget the venerable ksc75.
wink.gif

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #15 of 20
I'm not gonna rag on those headphones, since I haven't tried them before, but I stand by my statement. It may just be me, but I find clips on headphones (ESPECIALLY on in ear earphones) to be a nuisance and uncomfortable - even those with bendy clips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back