Monster NCredible N-Ergy Impressions
Jul 9, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #17 of 162
I just did two classic rock songs and the N-Ergy pretty much soundly spanked the FXD80 with the FX40 coming a distant third place. Pretty much all of the classic rock I have tried sounds better on the N-Ergy. I will continue to tackle more genre's tomorrow but thought I would post this before bed.

Jul 9, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #18 of 162
I had the N-Credibles for like 2 weeks? they were just temporary earphones to my Monster Miles davis tributes and thats a big jump down. I noticed that it had good mids and highs but not enough bass to my satisfactory. These earphones would probably best suit people that love classical music because i did not enjoy these with hip hop / dubstep. After i got my miles davis fixed i sold these to a friend who said they sounded pretty good which i compared them to his monster jamz which sound is probably similar. I for one would say if you want monster earphones then i would go with the turbine series cause they are really amazing and on amazon you can find the Monster Turbines original for like 70 BUX which is a friggin steal since they sound 2x what the Ncredibles sound.
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Turbine-High-Performance-In-Ear-Speakers/dp/B001LNO722
$80 usd this is so much better then the Ncredibles so buy this. Only thing that is a con to the Turbines is the non tangle free cord and its heavier since its made with metal not plastic. and they actually go deeper in your ears since its more narrow then the chubby Ncredibles.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #19 of 162
I covered the difference in bass as compared to the typical Monster IEM's. Personally the lack of heavy bass is what makes them special to me. But I do get they would not be a good choice for dubstep and bass heavy genres.

I like how they do the mids and treble a lot and find they are step UP from the original turbines in every way possible and are at least as good as the Copper's because of their increased midrange presence and detail plus their cleaner treble. The Copper seemed to have a tendency to get to hot with cymbals which these do not.

They will not be to everyone's taste but they sure fit mine and at only $69 they are steal.

I'm not suggesting people get rid of their other Monster IEM's for these. If you own something and love the sound stick with it. But if you haven't owned a Monster IEM because you have determined they would be to bassy or to hot sounding for you tastes, or you have bought and sold it for those reasons. The N-ergy offers a new choice from Monster that might meet your needs.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #20 of 162
Quote:
I had the N-Credibles for like 2 weeks? they were just temporary earphones to my Monster Miles davis tributes and thats a big jump down. I noticed that it had good mids and highs but not enough bass to my satisfactory. These earphones would probably best suit people that love classical music because i did not enjoy these with hip hop / dubstep. After i got my miles davis fixed i sold these to a friend who said they sounded pretty good which i compared them to his monster jamz which sound is probably similar. I for one would say if you want monster earphones then i would go with the turbine series cause they are really amazing and on amazon you can find the Monster Turbines original for like 70 BUX which is a friggin steal since they sound 2x what the Ncredibles sound.
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Turbine-High-Performance-In-Ear-Speakers/dp/B001LNO722
$80 usd this is so much better then the Ncredibles so buy this. Only thing that is a con to the Turbines is the non tangle free cord and its heavier since its made with metal not plastic. and they actually go deeper in your ears since its more narrow then the chubby Ncredibles.

For me, this sentence instantly disqualifies everything you just said.

I'll try out the N-Ergy when I have the chance

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #21 of 162
Added a Hard rock section along with a mid comparison interlude discussing my findings to far...

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #22 of 162
Quote:

For me, this sentence instantly disqualifies everything you just said.

I'll try out the N-Ergy when I have the chance

LOL what? the regular turbines are like 80$ coming from 179usd... i would recommend davis tributes but they dont have those awesome cans for sale unless refurbished.. but those are monsters!

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #23 of 162
Howdy bwong247;

I have owned the original Monster Turbines, Monster Turbine Pro Copper and Gold, so I am familiar with each of those intimately. I have not heard the Tributes though.

The biggest Achilles heal of the original Turbine is lack of a sound stage and recessed mids. Which is why I like this IEM so much. I have been clear in how these sound and why I like them. Personally every aspect of why you like the original Turbine is why I dislike it and that's OK if those reasons are valid for you then you should use the Turbine. For me I had fit issues with every Turbine owned causing me to be constantly fiddling with the insertion depth. So actually prefer how this model fits in ear. But for every person like me there will someone like you who prefers that Turbine fit. Neither is right or wrong, just different.

There are many good threads on the Turbine models, in fact if you look I have participated in many of them. This new IEM from monster on the other hand has had no coverage and since I like it's particular musical and physical attributes have decided to write up an impressions thread. In keeping with what an impressions thread is all about you posted your impressions which are welcome. Hopefully those wanting to find a dubstep IEM will read your post and avoid this IEM for those genres or at least make sure they follow my advice and buy from a store with an easy return policy in case they don't like it.

If you have more impression to give on the n-ergy IEM by all means continue to post. If on the other hand you just want to repeat that the Turbine is better, I suggest you post comments in the appropriate Turbine threads so this thread can discuss the impressions of the N-Ergy IEM.

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #24 of 162
Quote:
Howdy bwong247;
I have owned the original Monster Turbines, Monster Turbine Pro Copper and Gold, so I am familiar with each of those intimately. I have not heard the Tributes though.
The biggest Achilles heal of the original Turbine is lack of a sound stage and recessed mids. Which is why I like this IEM so much. I have been clear in how these sound and why I like them. Personally every aspect of why you like the original Turbine is why I dislike it and that's OK if those reasons are valid for you then you should use the Turbine. For me I had fit issues with every Turbine owned causing me to be constantly fiddling with the insertion depth. So actually prefer how this model fits in ear. But for every person like me there will someone like you who prefers that Turbine fit. Neither is right or wrong, just different.
There are many good threads on the Turbine models, in fact if you look I have participated in many of them. This new IEM from monster on the other hand has had no coverage and since I like it's particular musical and physical attributes have decided to write up an impressions thread. In keeping with what an impressions thread is all about you posted your impressions which are welcome. Hopefully those wanting to find a dubstep IEM will read your post and avoid this IEM for those genres or at least make sure they follow my advice and buy from a store with an easy return policy in case they don't like it.
If you have more impression to give on the n-ergy IEM by all means continue to post. If on the other hand you just want to repeat that the Turbine is better, I suggest you post comments in the appropriate Turbine threads so this thread can discuss the impressions of the N-Ergy IEM.

Okay mang, i know what your saying. I had the monster turbines and just stating what i though of them. I also own the coppers / davis tributes / trumphets and i can put out an review on them all of you would like even though i do not know much about the terms that all audiophiles use but i can tell you what i believe is there strongpoints and what there good for. As for me i though NRG were good for classical.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #25 of 162
I have added a section for Classical orchestra to my comparison.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #26 of 162
OK so a package of Comply TS-500 arrived today that I ordered to try out with the FXD80 but I decided to see if they would fit on the N-Ergy as well. They fit perfectly and I am now sitting with them in my ears to see what they sound like.

Holy man have they changed the sound of this IEM! The bass is slightly bigger and the over effect is added warmth and they tamed the energy of the highs down just a smidge. The end result is these are now much less fatiguing without sacrificing to much energy. They essentially took the two areas that I knew many people would struggle with and improved them. I will be testing them on the FXD80 next, if they help that IEM as well I will be very happy :).

Jul 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #27 of 162
OK, I received my PFE-121 today which are a BA based IEM that have been around for a few years and regarded as one of the better BA based IEM's. They are only a single driver BA but have been regarded universally as a good all round IEM.

Out of the box, I have to admit I really like how they are built and I love their isolation. I also like their sound, but I started to A/B them to the N-Ergy and I have to say my overall impression of the N-Ergy just went up a few more notches. The PFE's are definitely more detailed and faster but the N-Ergy make up for those areas with better bass, a slightly warmer but not to warm midrange, and treble that is close to as sparkly without being quite as fatiguing.

I have changed my opinion about isolation on the N-ergy a bit though, I don't think they are as isolating as the FXD80. I would say they are average to slightly below average for isolation.

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #28 of 162
Hey dweaver, you can buy one of these fancy belt buckles to match your earphones...

Wait a second....

That isn't quite right, is it? Possibly not the same Monster. Likely not the same Energy either. Oh well! Never mind
wink.gif
!

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #29 of 162
Definitely a different Monster LOL, them things will give me a heart attack 
L3000.gif

I have to say I hope someone else tries these things soon and either slaps me for being silly or goes Holy $%#$ these are THAT GOOD!!! I'm not saying these are $400 good but they sure are more than $70 good 
wink_face.gif

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #30 of 162
First issue with the N-ergy that may be a show stopper. The mic/button is starting to stick and this unit not even 1 week old. I also have lost 1 call when the button press wouldn't work to answer the phone.

Sonically these are blissful but will have to see how this button works out. If it's defective I will try a second unit to see if it's a design flaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back