Monster Miles Davis Trumpet vs Westone UM2 vs Westone UM3
Oct 9, 2011 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jit Lee

New Head-Fier
hi guys, 

My dog just killed my UM2 recently and I'm looking for a new pair of IEM,
I saw the MD Trumpet by Monster online and they look amazing, anybody has experience with UM3/UM2 and MD Trumpet can share your experience? I'm a musician and I use my IEM for casual listening as well as stage monitor, the UM2 did a great job unfortunately it's dead now. so I'm considering upgrading to UM3 or MD Trumpet

thanks

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
hi guys, 

My dog just killed my UM2 recently and I'm looking for a new pair of IEM,
I saw the MD Trumpet by Monster online and they look amazing, anybody has experience with UM3/UM2 and MD Trumpet can share your experience? I'm a musician and I use my IEM for casual listening as well as stage monitor, the UM2 did a great job unfortunately it's dead now. so I'm considering upgrading to UM3 or MD Trumpet
 thanks

Using the MD Trumpet as a stage monitor is.. well bizarre and I don't think the sound signature is neutral. The UM3x should be great!

Oct 9, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #3 of 6
thanks nikp,

yup I know it's not meant to be the stage monitor, design and sound wise.
may I know how many drivers are the MD Trumpet and how's the sound compare to UM3?

thanks

Oct 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 6
Hey bud if it's just your cable try contacting westone, it shouldn't cost to much to have them repaired, I've never heard any you've listed except the Um3x and imo it sounds great and I'm just a casual listener but from what I've read it would be great for monitoring too.

Oct 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #5 of 6
the UM2 right earphone is complete out while the left one became really soft and muffled. I contacted the local retail store where I bought my UM2, they said the repair price is close to the new headphone price (maybe they just want me to buy a new one from them), I haven't contact Westone personally yet so I'll look at that, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back