Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Oct 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #2,222 of 2,269
I came across Monster Miles Davis Tribute here in Hamburg, Germany (Saturn Showroom). It costs 330 euro

Though its tempting as I like MDT very much but I'm more concerned about reliability. I checked with sales person regarding warranty and they said warranty is applicable only within Germany but I will go back to India next month

Don't know what to do

People here in this thread, Can you advise me on this? Based on the reviews I feel that this is the IEM for me (Musical and Forgiving nature) as I like my Brainwavz M2 very much

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #2,223 of 2,269
I came across Monster Miles Davis Tribute here in Hamburg, Germany (Saturn Showroom). It costs 330 euro

Though its tempting as I like MDT very much but I'm more concerned about reliability. I checked with sales person regarding warranty and they said warranty is applicable only within Germany but I will go back to India next month

Don't know what to do

People here in this thread, Can you advise me on this? Based on the reviews I feel that this is the IEM for me (Musical and Forgiving nature) as I like my Brainwavz M2 very much

I love my MD Tributes tons. But without the warranty I wouldn't recommend them. Mine have pretty much fallen to pieces since I've used them every day for the past year and I've already gotten a return authorization from Monster. I'm just waiting to turn them in now. Whatever you do, I'd at least wait until you get to where you're going to be so you don't have to worry about the warranty being good or not.

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #2,224 of 2,269
Hey I had a question. The manual says there should be markings on the trumpet for right and left. I don't see any. How do I know which is which?

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #2,225 of 2,269
Quote:
Hey I had a question. The manual says there should be markings on the trumpet for right and left. I don't see any. How do I know which is which?

There should be a colored ring around each earpiece, blue and red. I believe it's right for red.

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #2,228 of 2,269
Quote:

Don't know what to do

What is the price of the trumpet in Germany?

Dec 8, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #2,230 of 2,269

I like the MDTs quite a bit but there is no way they are worth 330 euros. The ie80s are 209 euros on amazon.de and are better headphones (wider soundstage, extension, durability, comfort, etc.).

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #2,231 of 2,269
Sorry I'm late to the party, but I enjoy my Miles Davis Tribute for casually listening to music. Specifically jazz (of course), rap, R&B, and electronic music, but not rock (all forms) and classical music. The bass is great on these, but the detail and soundstage is very lacking compared to my TripleFi 10. MDT is also quite heavy for IEMs, so it sometimes drags down on my ear. It's really comfortable though, given how heavy they are. I enjoy wearing and listening to them longer than my TF10. However, like I said, TF10's sound quality blows away the MDTs.

The packaging, box, and accessories of MDT is simply stunning. The build quality is also very good in my opinion, although I baby my MDT. 

As for the guy who said they're selling MDT for 330 Euro, there's no way it's worth that much, even if it's discontinued. 

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #2,232 of 2,269
Sorry I'm late to the party, but I enjoy my Miles Davis Tribute for casually listening to music. Specifically jazz (of course), rap, R&B, and electronic music, but not rock (all forms) and classical music. The bass is great on these, but the detail and soundstage is very lacking compared to my TripleFi 10. MDT is also quite heavy for IEMs, so it sometimes drags down on my ear. It's really comfortable though, given how heavy they are. I enjoy wearing and listening to them longer than my TF10. However, like I said, TF10's sound quality blows away the MDTs.

The packaging, box, and accessories of MDT is simply stunning. The build quality is also very good in my opinion, although I baby my MDT. 

As for the guy who said they're selling MDT for 330 Euro, there's no way it's worth that much, even if it's discontinued. 

I would argue with a few of your points.

1. I have the Triple.fi and definitely don't think sound quality is better. I think the MDTs are the superior headphones. Better extension in both bass and treble, better soundstage, better timbre. The Triple.Fis are admittedly a bit more detailed an have better mids. I will acknowledge that I'm a basshead.

2. Build quality with the triple.fis are better (due to the removable cable - the cables and connections are a weakness on both headphones but the triple.fis can simply be replaced).

Have you tried comply tips? With standard tips I also had a lower opinion of the MDTs.

That said, we both agree that 330 Euros is nuts.

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #2,233 of 2,269
Quote:
I would argue with a few of your points.
1. I have the Triple.fi and definitely don't think sound quality is better. I think the MDTs are the superior headphones. Better extension in both bass and treble, better soundstage, better timbre. The Triple.Fis are admittedly a bit more detailed an have better mids. I will acknowledge that I'm a basshead.
2. Build quality with the triple.fis are better (due to the removable cable - the cables and connections are a weakness on both headphones but the triple.fis can simply be replaced).
Have you tried comply tips? With standard tips I also had a lower opinion of the MDTs.
That said, we both agree that 330 Euros is nuts.

Well, it's just my opinion on the only 2 quality IEMs I own. I think TF10's detail and soundstage are much better than the MDT's. That's not to say MDT's soundstage and details are lacking. They're just not at the level of TF10 when compared to each other. 

I enjoy listening to my MDT a lot more than TF10 because TF10's treble pierce and hurt my ear when I turn the volume up to where I like it (pretty loud). I use the Sony Hybrids on the TF10 because I don't like how the Comply's muffle the TF10. The fit and comfort of MDT is also much better than TF10, even if MDT is heavier. I only use the TF10 for gaming, movies, and when I want to do some analytical listening of music. The MDT is so smooth, full-bodied, and has amazing bass (I'm also a basshead too)... all the while staying detailed (enough) without sounding harsh and cold. For most music, I much prefer using MDT.

The Tributes do benefit greatly from my FiiO E10 with gain turned on high. It also sounds a lot more detailed with the triple flanges compared to the round sleeves. However, triple flanges take a bit more work to insert and they start to bother my ears after wearing the MDT for 1+ hour. 

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #2,234 of 2,269
I'm looking to replace my tributes. Are the trumpets better at handling faster paced music like metal than the tributes? That was my main complaint for the tributes, that and the somewhat muddy/overpowering bass that kind of veiled other ranges of sound. It doesn't mean I didn't like the amount of bass though, I found the intensity quite impressive, I'm looking for something with impressive bass that doesn't somewhat hide the mids/highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back