Monster Inspiration IEM?
Sep 17, 2014 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rolavine

New Head-Fier
I bought these on sale and really like them. I looked for references to them on this site and found just about nothing. They have a very balanced tone and work well with my Classical, Jazz, Acoustic, and Folk sort of tastes. Super neutral for voice recordings, as I listen to audible enhanced format books on my commute about 8 hours a week. The little wings help keep the IEM's in ear when working out or painting the house. The tips furnished with the headphones lack any larger ones, or long (deep going) ones, but these seem to be far more immune from requiring a particular ear seal than the other IEM's I've had. Another thing is that these sounded good from the first plug in so no burn in, or getting used to period of any sort was required.

At the same time I got these I got a pair of the cheaper Monster NErgy iem's and the Inspirations have a better, more refined and balanced sound to them plus the smallest amount of additional bass (just right when the player is set to flat - for a 'nature lover'). In short, I find these are are as close to my Grado SR80's or my Sennheiser HD580's (yes I know different sounds, deep, clinical, clear 580's to airy slightly soft focused Grado's,  but to my ears both are very close to reality, like I could get either sound by moving my seat at a performance)  as I've found so far in an IEM. The better sounding IEM's I have include both ME balanced armature models, the Monoprice $8 wonders, and JVC marshmallows, so my experience does not include any real high end models, but I simply can't even imagine how much better an IEM can sound then these Inspirations. I've had them a month now, and switched back and forth, and they yet to give me a sense that I'm listening from the cheap seats.

The cables are low tangle, but given the ear hooks it's still a bit of a 'to-do', not bad as I suspected though, and better than regular IEM's. The ear hooks are unobtrusive and I forget they are there more than I forget any wires around the tops of my ears. The control buttons on the Headphones don't work with either my android tablet or my Windows Phone, I guess they are for 'i things' only. I have not used the microphone at all on the cell phone. 

Anyone else have these?

Sep 17, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 3
I didn't even know these existed. I had the passive over/on ear Inspirations for a while. I liked em a lot but they were redundant next to my UE6000, and as such were sold.

I'm curious to read comments from an established member as all the reviews I could find were...less than helpful (except yours!).

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 3
Follow on, the push button works with my new Nokia Windows phone, one push to stop audio and another to answer the call and one more at the end to go back to the audio. The manual says this was done to be compatible with an Iphone, but it works on my windows one.

Still like these things after several months and using them at least 5 hours a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back