Monster Copper Turbine Pro not enough BASS?
Apr 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

medeiro

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm coming from a set of SEN IE6's, which were amazing but i wanted to try something new, something more bassy. So I bought the Monster CTs from J&R and popped them in my ears. I'm a heavy bass head, I love booming deep and hard hitting bass, which i feel the IE6's had. I was thinking the CT's would at least match the bass of the IE'6s, but they are nowhere near them. I am going to return the CT's bc they are just not my cup of tea, the IE6's are better in every way, except maybe the highs on the CT's were clearer but atttribute this to the lack of bass. Any recommendation for a set of very bassy IEMs? other then the IE6s?  Price is an issue but I am willing to spend a good amount to get the bass i want.

Bass is my top priority, deep lows and hard hitting bass that will make me blink when my Skrillex track drop. I do not want to sacrifice on clarity though, please recommend a set of monitors that equal the IE6's in clarity of the mids and highs but wit bass that hit lower and harder.

Thanks

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #3 of 19
How are the IE8's compared to the Future Sonics Atrio M5's? I'm guessing the M5's will have more bass but are the mids and highs that much better on the IE8s to warrant the sacrificed bass?

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 19
I had the M5 version 2 (not with the new updated driver) and it had great sub-bass and that was about it for me. It still can't match the bass impact of the IE8.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #6 of 19
Bass impact as in how much air it can move with every bass note. For me bass punch is more associated with mid-bass and the IE8 has plenty of it!

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #8 of 19
Thanks! Yea i saw a couple of sets for under a $100 ha, but I have a bunch of AMEX rewards points, so i'm just going to order a set from JR. Thanks a lot for the advice, much appreciated..

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #9 of 19
I think you didn't fit them right if you aren't getting bass.  Whenever someone says Monsters are bass light it's just odd.  I've also heard the IE8 w/ bass dial cranked to full is similar to the Monster Golds and MDs anyway.  Perhaps you'll get a better fit.  Try the Atrios also.  You can PM Kunlun, he has Coppers and knows the Atrios well.

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #10 of 19

Quote:
I think you didn't fit them right if you aren't getting bass.  Whenever someone says Monsters are bass light it's just odd.  I've also heard the IE8 w/ bass dial cranked to full is similar to the Monster Golds and MDs anyway.  Perhaps you'll get a better fit.  Try the Atrios also.  You can PM Kunlun, he has Coppers and knows the Atrios well.

Is this revenge for posting your number on the Geriatric Incontinence Emergency Contacts website?

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #11 of 19
The new Atrios has better bass punch and incredible subbass. It's more tuned to the subbass than the mtpc and I liked it better, actually, but that's just me.

Whenever people have bass issues with a bass capable iem, look to fit. Poor seal means poor bass, no matter the earphone. Try the foam supertips. Try all the tips and read the instruction booklet, it gives pretty reasonable instructions on getting a good seal.

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #12 of 19
I think you're used to having a ton of mid-bass, that's where most bass impact comes from. The Coppers tend to have more of a linear bass frequency response, even sub-bass, and even mid-bass. The only IEM I can think of having a lot of bass is IE8 and the Atrios.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #14 of 19

Quote:
Klipsch Image X10i. A lot of good bass.

Lol, I don't think the X10, SM3 or TF10 are fitting for this discussion.  A bit out of their league here IMO.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #15 of 19

Quote:
Lol, I don't think the X10, SM3 or TF10 are fitting for this discussion.  A bit out of their league here IMO.

Agreed, try out the Denon c710 if you want deep bass, decent clarity and good soundstage for around $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back