Monster Cable HTS2000 - opinions?
Jul 29, 2002 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dcg

Became Capt. Napalm tocombat apartment robberies!
Well, I'm about out of outlets on my Panamax Max 1000+ power conditioner, and I need an INEXPENSIVE surge supressor for the rest of my stuff. It looks like the HTS2000 can be had online for under $110 (plus the requisite $16.00 for ground shipping
rolleyes.gif
). Anyway, that brings the total to about $125, not too bad at all. I've seen a few recommendations for this strip here and there, but was hoping that any of you guys that have used it could offer up your opinions. If there's something else I should be loooking at, let me know that too
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2002 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 7
Did you check Audiogon? I purchased a Brickwall Power Conditioner from a fellow Head-Fier for slightly more than the $125.00 you mention for the Monster. The Brickwall comes highly recommended by many people here.

Jul 29, 2002 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 7
I use a Monster HTS2000 and to tell you the truth I didn't really notice any difference between it and a cheap one from Kmart. I got one because of a great review by Robert Hartley. Man was he paid off to say some great things about it. The reason I kept is because it does have a lot of connections for my equipment.

Jul 29, 2002 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for that acid, you just saved me a good $50-60 there. I was just about to jump on a used HT2000 last night, but I thought about it, and all I really need is a surge protector, so I withheld. I think I'll just get a decent surge protector from the likes of CompUSA or something if it doesn't make a sonic difference (like I suspected of the typical Monster gear).

Jul 29, 2002 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 7
I've had 2 Monster Power conditioners, the HTS5000 and I now own the HTS1100 Power Bar.

Can't speak to audio differences as A/B'ing them in and out of the circuit is way too much trouble, but the improvement to my video sources (TV, VCR, and DVD) is undeniable. I highly reco plugging your CATV coax into the unit before it hits the TV. If it allows those components to operate better, I assume it's having a positive effect on my audio gear as well, though the effect may be more subtle.

FWIW, I would advise you avoid cheapie power strips for your audio. There are threads here already on this topic.

Obviously, the degree to which a power conditioner can help is dependent on the quality in your house/apt.

markl

Jul 29, 2002 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 7
Hmmm...I've got a pair of HTS-2000's that I like a lot. Not as dramatic an improvement in sound as my Tice Elite IV, but not the same price either. IMO excellent value for money, particularly at new lower pricing. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back