Monster beats for woman ??
Feb 22, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #2 of 30
Audio Technica ATH-ES7
Grado SR80i
Sennheiser HD238
B&W P5

And not the last Ultrasone Edition 8
atsmile.gif

These are what i recommend for ladies. Spend according to your budget, oh and forget about the Beats!

Feb 22, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #4 of 30
Unless ladies have a knowingly different way of enjoying sound than men, I would say give her the same you would give any male friend... something that sounds good.
The beats are known to be a very bad choice around here, and you will probably be recommended something else.
So if you're set on headphones and not something else, maybe provide us with information on what's her favorite type of music, what does she use to listen to it (the source, i.e. a laptop, an iPod...) and how much you're thinking of spending. Also, would you be ok with importing?

Oh, and welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet
beerchug.gif

Feb 22, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 30

Quote:
thanks for your answer,but i heard the sound of the beats by dre were amasing how about the ultrasone??

Sorry, I had to make a second post... the fellow that informed you of this, was he wearing a 50 Cent t-shirt and baggy jeans? Maybe some bling-bling around his neck? Sorry for the sarcasm, it's just we consider to be far better choices at that price. The whole "Beats sound really great!" is mostly propaganda perpetuated by Dr. Dre (who assumes his headphones are the greatest thing to have ever been made), and people who spent waaaaay too much money on these and don't want to know there's something better.

About the Ultrasone, it was a joke, and here's why. However, the Ultrasone HFI-580 are very well regarded as an alternative to the Beats.

Feb 22, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #7 of 30
Beats are not sexist...they suck for men and women equally.

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #10 of 30
um, I call troll?

Also in the website linked it listed an IEM called "Monster Beats Miles Davis" which just sounds off. Also there's nothing wrong with the Beats Pro, solid headphone if you can get it on sale. Solo is crap

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #11 of 30
beats are awful mate

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #13 of 30
If she really likes the aesthetics of the beats..then 179 isn't too bad for them. She'll probably like them if she's not too keen on sound.

On a side note...did anyone else get "Monster beats a woman" from a quick glance of the title?

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #15 of 30

Quote:
On a side note...did anyone else get "Monster beats a woman" from a quick glance of the title?

HAHAH! Me too! I was like, "What" and had to  click this thread even though I typically never read threads with Monster or Bose in the title.

And tbh, OP kinda seems like a troll to me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back