Monoprice Monolith M565 immpresions
Jun 20, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #46 of 221
I dont own this headphone anymore. I ended up returning it and getting a HE560 which I prefer much more. I dont remember any sibilance issues at all. This headphone was very dark, darkest I've ever heard probably. It still had good detail though.

I havent listened to the closed model yet.
Well you did say closing the cups brought back the treble, by treble did u mean the mids and the highs or just the high. Well you did also say that the bass went away, well I think I know a solution to that maybe a bassport would bring that bass right back up. BTW did u try closing up the he560? If I do get a set of 565 am gonna open a mod section for these.

Jun 20, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #47 of 221
I tried the 565, but returned it, as I found the 560, to sound more open. I feel the 560, is underrated.I am using large velour pads on the 560, and for me,the ability to use closed,( Not Bad) to open,( Very, Very good), and the ability to modify, what is a very well built headphone, gives me most of what I need. Having now moved to planers,HEK/1060/560, I sold myHD800/ESP950. The 1060, and the 560, sound superior to the HD800,making the HD800sound as if it was very slightly muffled in comparison. I have used headphones since I was 12 years old, and now at 78 years old, my hearing is not what it was, so take all this with a very small grain of salt!.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #48 of 221
Well you did say closing the cups brought back the treble, by treble did u mean the mids and the highs or just the high. Well you did also say that the bass went away, well I think I know a solution to that maybe a bassport would bring that bass right back up. BTW did u try closing up the he560? If I do get a set of 565 am gonna open a mod section for these.
No I love the sound of the he560. I would not close it ever. I don't like closed headphones unless I have to use one.

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #49 of 221
Managed to get these for $97 open box on rakuten due to a site promo. The stock pads hold back the true potential of these headphones. I swapped the stock pads for angled hm5 velours and it brought the treble to life. I can't believe how similar these sound to m1060s after swapping the pads. Fast and tight bass that extends deep, warm intimate mids, detailed but smooth treble. These headphones are a steal for how cheap you can find them these days. I would imagine removing the foam behind the grill would bring them to sibilant levels.

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #50 of 221
Managed to get these for $97 open box on rakuten due to a site promo. The stock pads hold back the true potential of these headphones. I swapped the stock pads for angled hm5 velours and it brought the treble to life. I can't believe how similar these sound to m1060s after swapping the pads. Fast and tight bass that extends deep, warm intimate mids, detailed but smooth treble. These headphones are a steal for how cheap you can find them these days. I would imagine removing the foam behind the grill would bring them to sibilant levels.
Was this the m565 or the m565c? I was wondering if they did any updates to the c version's driver like they did for the m1060c or if they just closed them up and called it a day.

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #52 of 221
Jan 31, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #53 of 221
Jan 31, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #54 of 221
I thought so...even if I don't like them that much, for less than $100 these would be a great gift for someone. I mean, most people don't have 10 sets of headphones, for the average person if you hooked them up with a set of these for their birthday they would be gobsmacked.

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #55 of 221
Good find! I ordered a set myself. However, the only reason I can see them being this cheap is if they are being discontinued. I bet Monoprice selling these well below cost. So if you want them or are just curious about them you should grab them now or forever hold your peace.

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #56 of 221
Jan 31, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #57 of 221
Good find! I ordered a set myself. However, the only reason I can see them being this cheap is if they are being discontinued. I bet Monoprice selling these well below cost. So if you want them or are just curious about them you should grab them now or forever hold your peace.
I honestly thought it was some kind of a glitch, and I was waiting for the transaction to not go through...like, "oops can't process order" then you go back to the homepage, and it's gone.
My guess is it is going to be discontinued, which I don't care about as long as I get MY set before they are gone, right? On a personal note, I am in the middle of a Grado build and I just bought another $40 worth of parts and I was looking at all my headphones last night and thinking about getting rid of some of them...then I got up this morning and saw this amazing deal on these gangsters....

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #58 of 221
Feb 1, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #59 of 221
My 565s should be here today. I was looking at pictures of them last night, and I don't think I will ever 'learn to love' that ugly headband. Has anyone transplanted a headband from something like the Sony V6/7506 headband onto it? I know those can be had for about $20 and it's actually a really comfortable, functional design.

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #60 of 221
My 565s should be here today. I was looking at pictures of them last night, and I don't think I will ever 'learn to love' that ugly headband. Has anyone transplanted a headband from something like the Sony V6/7506 headband onto it? I know those can be had for about $20 and it's actually a really comfortable, functional design.
I doubt anyone has done that yet. However, it looks possible as long as you don't use the cup yokes. Headbands without the yokes just have a metal piece with a hole at the end that you bend out 90 degrees and attach that to the existing cup yokes with a bolt and a washer. It wouldn't look the prettiest but it would work, I think. It might void your warranty, though depending on how much drilling you have to do on the original yokes. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/252027571798

Users who are viewing this thread

Back