Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Sep 20, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #7,891 of 8,051
There is a possibility, but I had already modded my cups for the Audeze headband before I got ahold of the HE560 headband so I can't be sure. The possibility I'm thinking of is that the original headband yokes are held to the cups with pins that have E clips on the inside (circled in red in pic below). If you're careful and are able to remove those E clips, then pull the pins out, you could then use those same pins and E clips to mount the HE560 headband.

I just checked and the M1060C uses the same pin and E clip setup to mount the headband.

I ordered a headband. For $10, it's worth a try. Will update when it comes in!

Sep 21, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #7,892 of 8,051
I realized today that I had never posted up the last headband mod I did on my M1060. I originally modded an Audeze headband using some L brackets (click HERE for how), but the L brackets ended up being the weakest point and would bend and the screws on the yokes would loosen quite often. After that, I drilled the cups to accept THIS Audeze Yoke Replacement Kit, and THIS is what they looked like using those Audeze yokes. But one day I saw that Adorama had the HE-560 headband on sale for only $9.99! So now I am using that headband screwed into the mounts I had drilled and inserted from the Audeze Yoke kit.

Here is what they look like now:
Is it simple to get the HiFiMan band on? Just removed the old one and redrill the holes bit larger?

I have a set of the m1060 v2 modded to my liking but still with the stock headband.

jpqh6khnwl411.jpg
Grills, thinner felt, fuzzors, different pads.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #7,893 of 8,051
Is it simple to get the HiFiMan band on? Just removed the old one and redrill the holes bit larger?

I have a set of the m1060 v2 modded to my liking but still with the stock headband.

Grills, thinner felt, fuzzors, different pads.

There may even be an easier way. HERE is a post of mine from a couple days ago showing how.

Sep 21, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #7,894 of 8,051
First of all thanks @OldDude04 for letting us know about the headband.

XEgGhZk.jpg

Installed it with no drilling or anything whatsoever. The hardest thing was removing the e-clips. When you take the old headband off you'll have two e-clips for each bolt. When installing the hifiman headband, the yokes are a little thicker so you need to just use one e-clip inside the cups. The ones by the yokes don't need to be installed. The clamp on theses are a little stronger than my preference but they are pretty nice and way more sturdy than the stock headband. I never expected my M1060 to become such a Frankenstein lol

Sep 21, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #7,895 of 8,051
First of all thanks @OldDude04 for letting us know about the headband.

XEgGhZk.jpg

Installed it with no drilling or anything whatsoever. The hardest thing was removing the e-clips. When you take the old headband off you'll have two e-clips for each bolt. When installing the hifiman headband, the yokes are a little thicker so you need to just use one e-clip inside the cups. The ones by the yokes don't need to be installed. The clamp on theses are a little stronger than my preference but they are pretty nice and way more sturdy than the stock headband. I never expected my M1060 to become such a Frankenstein lol

Awesome, I'm so glad the idea worked! Well executed Pocky, looks great. If they are too tight in the clamp department, you can bend the metal in the center of the headband carefully and relieve some of that pressure.

Sep 22, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #7,897 of 8,051
On removing the clips to remove the yoke. Do you lift them up and out with pressure? I saw you used wooden tweezers for that, earlier in this thread.

I used some pointed tweezers I have from a precision tool kit (similar to THIS one). And as for how, I set the headphones down with the cup sitting sideways so that the E-clip would not fall towards the driver if I dropped it while pulling it out. Just be patient and you should have no problem getting them pulled.

Sep 22, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #7,898 of 8,051
I used some pointed tweezers I have from a precision tool kit (similar to THIS one). And as for how, I set the headphones down with the cup sitting sideways so that the E-clip would not fall towards the driver if I dropped it while pulling it out. Just be patient and you should have no problem getting them pulled.
Got the gear ordered! Hopefully it's all here by the weekend.

Sep 25, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #7,900 of 8,051
Hi guys, just got my headband in today but I'm having trouble putting it on my M1060C.

I removed the eclips(just one per joint) and removed the headband. The joint has a plastic sleeve on it, leaving me with the peg which seems quite secured onto the headband. Any ideas on how to remove the peg so I can transfer it over to the new headband?

Ill upload pics in a sec

Sep 25, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #7,901 of 8,051
q78yQL3.png

gdtvsFR.png

Sep 26, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #7,902 of 8,051
The open m1060 are basically the same but with a another set eclips right inside the yoke. You're going to have to use some force. My left side had some clear gaps between yoke and the outside of the pin. I was able to use a thin spudger to get them out. My right side were basically painted or glued shut. I got the hammer out and pounded the old yokes down to get the pin out.

20190926_010059.jpg

Whoever attempts this, make sure you have some high quality, tiny, durable tweezers. The ones I bought kept bending. And those eclips are very tiny, make sure you don't lose 'em!

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #7,903 of 8,051
Alright, so basically use more force on the pin and hammer it out. I'll try that next time around. I ended up reassembling everything just to play it safe. Hopefully mine aren't welded shut or anything lol.

Actually, is there a groove for the second eclip on your m1060s? Or do the pins look identical to mine?

Needle node pliers work great for removing eclips. I use a method similar to this video:

Sep 26, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #7,904 of 8,051
Alright, so basically use more force on the pin and hammer it out. I'll try that next time around. I ended up reassembling everything just to play it safe. Hopefully mine aren't welded shut or anything lol.

Actually, is there a groove for the second eclip on your m1060s? Or do the pins look identical to mine?

Needle node pliers work great for removing eclips. I use a method similar to this video:

There is a second groove for the clips. I actually had 6 not 8. Each side had two on a pin, then one on the other.

LOL, the guy in the video mention the clips didn't fly across the room. My first one I popped off, it's MIA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back