Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 14, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #7,637 of 8,051
I suppose it's one of those headphones that you have to wear with monocles, tophats, moustache, cheese and a goblet of wine... With italian hand gestures of course!

Feb 15, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #7,638 of 8,051
Okay gang! I've uploaded a bunch of .dxf for carbon fiber CNC cutting. If you guys have any more design requests lemme know. I'll post a link as soon as they get approved, so you too can have some sweet carbon fiber grilles! :D
LDs8NjL.png

P.S. If you're into quadcopters, don't forget to visit my webstore :wink:

https://armattanproductions.com/pages/shop_product_grid/1971

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #7,640 of 8,051
It's been my experience that they end up editing my .dxf files anyways to clean up for their tooling so I don't obsess too much on corner radius :)

That nautilus grille though will give their machines a work out

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #7,641 of 8,051
for those who have the first revision how hard is it to get the cable connectors replaced to 2.5/3mm jacks?

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #7,642 of 8,051
Feb 18, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #7,643 of 8,051
Hey all just joined the group. I've got a pair of M1060 that I really enjoy. I've done a few things to them and still enjoying settle tweaks. Currently I just put on the newer Brainwavz XL Micro Suede pads, replacing the stock and have already been using them without the outer foam inserts. Wow the micro suede made a huge difference, no more siblence from Wayne Coyne vocals. Before with stock pads it was pretty much fine unless you get certain singers upper end, then it'd cut you with highs. These pads totally evened out the sound and made it more focused and balanced. I am going to throw back in the foam to see if it still sounds a bit muffled on the high end or not. I did notice a slight bit of perceived bass loss with these pads but it really comes down to the fact that everything is just so much more even and balanced in presentation than it being a true loss of bass/subbass.

Anyway coming from ATH-M40fs and ATH-M50 cans these are on another level entirely. Look forward to being part of the group here. Have a few sets of IEM coming in: KZ AS10 and BGVP DM6. Have had a number of IEM including Alclair RSM so excited to see how these hold up to the likes of those.

*Update* - I put the foam back in and honestly I like it better. The sound stage did close in but made everything much more controlled and focused while still having a wide soundstage. All siblence is gone and it definitely has that evident flat bass/mid and then slow slope down on the highs. No loss of detail nor do you strain to hear on the high parts, they are just more laid back and less in your face than when the foam is out. I tested out Led Zepplin I, Beck Morning Phase, and Band of Horses Why Are You Ok with overall the same impressions that I gave about about sound.

Now I will be putting some old fabric off the back of one of my pads and putting it over the driver and putting thinner foam over the top of that. See if that does anything. This would be more like what the LCD-2 design is, with fabric over the driver and then foam over that. I'll be leaving the foam in for now as I really enjoy the more rich smooth sound with high detail. With the foam out it is a bit to wide of a soundstage making you kind of want to reachout and push some of it back in a bit as it gets a bit jumbled. But the highs are more present and crisp in contrast.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #7,644 of 8,051
Feb 18, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #7,645 of 8,051
Just open rings? Sure, I'll make a .dxf file now. It'll take them a while to approve it though

Feb 19, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #7,646 of 8,051
I like the nautilus too or even all three if possible. A change from the honey comb would be nice

Feb 19, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #7,647 of 8,051
Okay dude! Just finished resizing my designs. Everything is 2mm smaller to go with M1060C dimensions. And yup! Lots of stuff pending. I'll post links to all of them once they get approved.

EmNvp0b.png

Feb 19, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #7,648 of 8,051
Ladies and Gents, allow me to show you the Vesper Audio Alcantara pads that are a true Audeze Vegan pad alternative. I got them in this morning, and I played some songs through my M1060 with vegans, then removed those and tried the Vesper Audio pads and they sounded just as good as the vegans, maybe even ever so slightly better. They are super comfortable like the vegans as well. I will say the foam is a little stronger in the Verspers because I opted for memory foam which forms to your head so well. Getting Vegan pads is really hard to do now, and when you luck out and find some they are usually $100+, but I got the custom Vesper Audio pads for $67 shipped. So, if you've been looking for some Vegan pads but can't find any or don't want to pay a boatload of money for them, you might want to consider getting you a pair of Vesper Audio alcantara pads made. I put the vegans back on my M1060 since they were already used and now I don't have to worry about what happens when I wear them out because I got the Vesper pads just waiting. Anyway, here are some pics of the Vegans (left) and the Vesper Audios (right) to give you a visual comparison.

Vesper-Vegan (1).jpg
Vesper-Vegan (2).jpg
Vesper-Vegan (3).jpg
Vesper-Vegan (4).jpg

Feb 19, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #7,649 of 8,051
Ladies and Gents, allow me to show you the Vesper Audio Alcantara pads that are a true Audeze Vegan pad alternative.

Fantastic news! Our prayers have been answered! :o2smile:

One question I have, do they have flaps on the back (like Vegans do) that can be used to mount them on headphones that don't use adhesive? Or are they adhesive only mounting like the M1060 pad?

Feb 19, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #7,650 of 8,051
Fantastic news! Our prayers have been answered! :o2smile:

One question I have, do they have flaps on the back (like Vegans do) that can be used to mount them on headphones that don't use adhesive? Or are they adhesive only mounting like the M1060 pad?

They do have the flaps to be used on any headphones. Vesper even included 3M adhesive rings in the box. I'm truly impressed with their service and attention to detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back