Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 12, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #7,591 of 8,051
How does it affect the sound signature?

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #7,592 of 8,051
first off, I have old ears, but I think they added to the sound stage due to moving the drivers away from my ears. This has been stated in many headphone mod recommendations. Audize vegans are hard to find and over $100 if you can find a nice pair. These are a very nice velour, comfy and accomplish what the vegans do, get the driver away from your ears a little more. I want to try some lambs skin leather, but for now these work as intended.

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #7,593 of 8,051
first off, I have old ears, but I think they added to the sound stage due to moving the drivers away from my ears. This has been stated in many headphone mod recommendations. Audize vegans are hard to find and over $100 if you can find a nice pair. These are a very nice velour, comfy and accomplish what the vegans do, get the driver away from your ears a little more. I want to try some lambs skin leather, but for now these work as intended.

So I have the Dekonis, Audeze Vegans, and Alpha Dog Lamb Leather Pads. I found that the Dekonis tamed the bass too much and added a sort of veil over the sound which I didn't enjoy. The Alpha Dog Pads are fun. They bumped up the bass just a tad, but didn't affect the other parts of the FR from what I could tell. The Vegan Pads really are worth it though. They just elevate the sound to another level.

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #7,594 of 8,051
So I have the Dekonis, Audeze Vegans, and Alpha Dog Lamb Leather Pads. I found that the Dekonis tamed the bass too much and added a sort of veil over the sound which I didn't enjoy. The Alpha Dog Pads are fun. They bumped up the bass just a tad, but didn't affect the other parts of the FR from what I could tell. The Vegan Pads really are worth it though. They just elevate the sound to another level.

Thanks, if I can ever find a pair of vegans that are not an arm, leg and another arm, I will try them.

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #7,595 of 8,051
I posted this in the M1060C thread when they were talking about pads: I ordered custom made Alcantara pads with memory foam from Vesper Audio for around $70. I'm currently using vegans, have tried Alpha pads and ZMF Calfskin so I'll be able to compare the whole group when my custom pair arrives.

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #7,596 of 8,051
Hmmm... Is it possible to recreate the vegan pads in the form of a custom pad?

Feb 12, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #7,597 of 8,051
Feb 12, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #7,598 of 8,051
Pulled from the headphones subreddit.

gav9polsp0g21.jpg

Feb 12, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #7,600 of 8,051
Best open back look to the M1060C I've seen so far.
Indeed. However, that's a lot of rear coverage. I wonder if that negatively affects the sound compared to a sparser, 3D printed, honeycomb grille.

Feb 12, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #7,601 of 8,051
If someome ask how the 1060 sounds trough an audio-gd r2r-11, I can describe in in one word: agggahsgsgahhgahagagggg

Next mod: audeze brown lambskin pads+open grilles. I'll post the differences xD

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #7,602 of 8,051
Hey guys. I've had my M1060's for a year and love them to death, but I'm finally getting fed up with how uncomfortable they are. Mainly my issue is with the headband. Is there a solution you guys recommend that doesn't require drilling into the rings?

Yep, Vesper Audio makes pads the exact same size as the Audeze pads made to order. I however ordered the M1060 sized pads in all Alcantara. I didn't want a leather/alcantara hybrid. I'm betting that since alcantara is micro suede as is the vegan pads, that it should be the closest option.
I'm really eager to hear what you report back. What is the manufacture/ship time on them?

Feb 12, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #7,603 of 8,051
Hey guys. I've had my M1060's for a year and love them to death, but I'm finally getting fed up with how uncomfortable they are. Mainly my issue is with the headband. Is there a solution you guys recommend that doesn't require drilling into the rings?

I'm really eager to hear what you report back. What is the manufacture/ship time on them?

Just buy this and drill the holes, it is easy and will make your M1060 much more comfortable.

https://hifiheaven.net/shop/Audeze-..._W-tCXM9gdBlcbK_6bIaJOcmG_EcQ1ScaAtImEALw_wcB

Feb 12, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #7,604 of 8,051

It will take a bit, it takes around 12 business days after you order before they ship. I'm awaiting tracking info now, it's been 8 business days so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back