Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 14, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #2,791 of 8,051
The force is indeed strong with this one :wink: I think they're hard to buy unless you live in the US due to all the quality issues. Return will be costly and time consuming for many other locations. Unfortunately I also believe that there's a very small chance for the next batch to have any major improvements (except maybe a better cable) due to the short time between the batches. I do hope to be proven wrong though so that I can get a pair myself to check them out.

The need for a additional $150 or so (shipped and taxed to Norway) for upgrade pads are also a challenge....

You can get them locally for $125 from OHC on back-order, or buy from the us and combine them with the M1060 through a mail forwarding service for cheaper shipping and customs.

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #2,792 of 8,051
Thx guys!!! I have a contact in the US who probably can bring them for less than the shipping cost of monoprice. Anyway, ill see how much they charge for shipping to Argentina, and compare with the cost of my contact.

It will be a pain in the ass if i get a broken pair :/ it will be hard to send it back for me. But i hope in getting a good one. Worth the risk I think.

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #2,793 of 8,051
Have your contact check them out for you if possible.  Would be easy to check for cracks, and not too difficult to do a quick listen for broken connectors/cable.  

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #2,794 of 8,051
Have your contact check them out for you if possible.  Would be easy to check for cracks, and not too difficult to do a quick listen for broken connectors/cable.  

Sadly, not possible. He can send them just with the box closed without testing them. I'll wait till monoprice make the next batch and see their shipping cost anyway, maybe that covers the warranty.

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #2,795 of 8,051

pure bliss on M1060

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #2,796 of 8,051

Build quality is great as you might expect (ok, I jinxed it and the left side just fell off while writing this post lool. it turned out the screw that holds the leather strap into the slider was loose and I just screwed it back on. hope it stays there )

Same thing happened to my Argons on the second day of ownership. Easy fix though.

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #2,800 of 8,051

The only thing that impressed me after I got my M1060 is my Audeze iSine 10. I bought it last month and it still amazes me every time I put them on. soundstage, SQ, detail, the closest you get to an LCD-3 but with slightly less bass.

Awww man, don't tempt me... They must be completely open, though, right? No isolation?

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #2,801 of 8,051
That is true, they are open like an openback headphone and sounds like one. I was talking to someone on the iSine forum and she compared them to her LCD2 and LCD3 in sound quality, albeit less intense due to driver size.

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #2,802 of 8,051
Impact Audio Cables finally open up their shop to the Monolith M1060 :D
https://www.etsy.com/listing/524882659/custom-infinity-series-monolith-m1060?ref=shop_home_feat_1

I own the one on the pic and quality, sound, craftsmanship is amazing. Not to forget that for a US made custom audio cable is super affordable!

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #2,804 of 8,051
Does anyone think Audeze is feeling the heat at all with these? The consensus seems to be that they LCD -2 Killers and I've even heard a few people say that they're nearly as good as the LCD-X's all for about  less than half the cost of the LCD-2's

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #2,805 of 8,051
I am so terribly intrigued by these. Generally, I prefer dynamics, but I do miss my old LCD-2 (pre-fazor) sometimes. However, I'm just not sure. Some seem to rave, meanwhile a review I saw (Verum Sonus) was seriously harsh on them. I'm reading through here and still stuck with the same question: if I'm looking for a warm/lush kind of sound out of a headphone, are these gonna do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back