Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 13, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #2,761 of 8,051
Magic 8 Ball says "Soon".

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #2,762 of 8,051
  Hey, when are these coming back in stock? Does anyone know?

Magic 8 Ball says "Soon".

Monoprice's website still lists them as "ETA 4/17/2017" and they are usually pretty accurate with their stock dates. I guess, come Monday, we will all see how accurate that date is.

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #2,763 of 8,051
Man these guys shure know how to charge for shipping, $111 to northern Europe ._.
Makes me think it would be better to get them sent through a forwarding service that could prepay the taxes as well, half the shipping cost, insurance and no added customs declaration fee. Then again, warranty issues would be more troublesome.

Thinking about it some more, that would also greatly reduce the cost of getting the Vegan pads, since they could be consolidated to one package by the forwarder.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #2,764 of 8,051
  Man these guys shure know how to charge for shipping, $111 to northern Europe ._.

I see whoever was selling them on Amazon for 400 has dropped them down to 354 dollars, and if you sign up for Amazon Prime - even just for the free trial - it would seem you can get them shipped for free, making them equivalent to 299 for the headphones + 55 for shipping.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #2,765 of 8,051
Yeah that's a good suggestion, but I'd rather not buy into the first production batch of these.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #2,766 of 8,051
Wow, those Audeze vegan ear pads are the real deal. I installed a set yesterday and I'm listening now. These are now my favorite headphones. I'm using them with an iFi iDSD micro BL, and I honestly think this is all that I need. I can happily stop here and just enjoy the music.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #2,767 of 8,051
Wow, those Audeze vegan ear pads are the real deal. I installed a set yesterday and I'm listening now. These are now my favorite headphones. I'm using them with an iFi iDSD micro BL, and I honestly think this is all that I need. I can happily stop here and just enjoy the music.

How did the sound change with the Vegan pads compared to stock?

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #2,768 of 8,051
I would say there feels like greater "impact" and vocals are "closer" or more "present".

They're great headphones with the original pads as well though. I do perceive a noticeable difference, and I'm not the type of person to believe in perceptible sound quality differences between audio cables.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #2,769 of 8,051
IDK, I've looked at all the graphs in this thread and it looks to me like the most neutralizing/balancing mod (taken separately) is the paper towel mod, not the vegan pad swap. I'll definitely be trying that one by itself (either side of the existing foam) before even considering spending extra money on different pads. I'm already looking at upwards of 100 extra dollars just to get them to Europe, I'll be trying to keep it at that level, thank you very much - I was promised a poor man's LCD-2, dammit. :p

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #2,770 of 8,051
Well, LCD 3 Fazor, which M1060 measures closest to comes with Audeze pads...
biggrin.gif
  They really refine the sound, it's the difference between a treated and untreated room for speakers.  

Maybe do like @Soundofmusic suggested and use a forwarding service to ship them together?  

I did listen to the stock pads with paper towel only, and it is still an improvement, so you could stop there if you like, just know that it can get even better!

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #2,772 of 8,051
Been using my re-cabled and modded M1060s and i cant find a genera to listen to that doesn't sound amazing on these. Only down fall to me is it does reveal poor recordings like crazy though hehe. I said it before and ill say it again I'm listening to these things at absolutely irresponsible volume levels but i don't give a damn because they sound that good to me! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #2,773 of 8,051
Good Afternoon. Thank you for contacting us. At this time the store credit request has already been submitted and is currently processing. We would not be able to modify the RMA for replacement at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience. If there is anything else I can do to help you, please let me know. Have a nice day.

That was the response I got , very disappointing. I sent asking why they can't just send me a new pair since they already have my money.

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #2,774 of 8,051
  honestly, I have not touched my other headphones except to compare them to the M1060 and they are all setting on the side now watching the M1060 in envy :).

+1

Just ordered the MrSpeakers Aeons as a closed set to pair with the M1060s. I might be done...... that might be it....

....probably not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back