Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Nov 6, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #122 of 8,051
They've pushed them back again. Now their website says they will be in Nov. 18. They were supposed to launch on the 4th.

The headphones were redesigned. That's why the date was pushed back. I'll have more than enough money by then.

Nov 6, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #126 of 8,051
I'm certainly buying the M560. I was going to get the HD6XX, but the HD6XX isn't ideal for outdoor use. I won't have enough money to buy it on time anyway. I want to get a Planar that can be used outdoors for the same price.

Man, that's how u feel. The price of HD6XX is very tempting, but honestly I LOVE my bass port nodded AKG Q701, and if I'm going to get another full size home headphone, I would want something different sounding. Discounted original audioquest Nighthawk has my attention, but thoughts of a reasonable priced open back planar is very tempting. Waiting on reviews. Worse case, the nighthawk $350 price is pretty much permanent now, so I can wait to see how the Monoprice headphones review. A small part of me is going to hurt for not jumping on the hd6xx but like I said, q701 port mod is fsntastic

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #128 of 8,051
Looks like I made the right choice after Massdrop's blunder today. I'm glad I stuck with the M560.

So glad I didn't have the issues you did with the HD6xx. I was below 347, so I'm supposed to get a number under 500. Not that I care much as I can't foresee me disliking them, so I'll never sell them. This gives me the AKG K702 65th anniversary, Beyerdynamic DT990 SE 250 ohm Pro, and Sennheiser HD6XX to listen to. They all are very different sounding. I've never heard the Sennheiser HD 650, but I've been dying to get a pair. Just could never justify the cost of them. $200 is a fantastic price that I couldn't turn down.

Still very interested in the M1060s, as I've never heard a planar, and I'm assuming these will be pretty fantastic. Definitely have an addiction to headphones, lol.

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #132 of 8,051
In order for them to be the OEM, yes it does. It is believed that the O&E headphone uses this driver off of Alibaba: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Planar-magnetic-headphone-with-great-bass_60452908630.html 

So they are not making their own unless they are the same company which is selling them on Alibaba. It's kind of hard to confirm that one way or the other, but my assumption is that the O&E is being cobbled together using "off the shelf" parts in a cheap cash grab. That makes it quite unlikely that they are also making the M1060.

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #133 of 8,051
Sorry for not reading all 9 pages, but just in case it wasn't mentioned, The M560 are apparently "convertible" headphones. They have magnetic cups, and can be converted from closed to open. Still not worth $199 to be the guinea pig, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back