Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Oct 10, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #106 of 8,051
Agree...my T50s and T40s are both fantastic stock. I did replace the ear pads with Brainwavz and the Mr Speakers head strap, but made none of the internal mods. I find they stack up well against my 400i and PM-3s. Excellent bargain and can be had new for $140 or used for around $100. Need a decent amp...Dragon Fly or similar portable will do the trick, though. The mono price cans look interesting but Fostex still rules budget planars!

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #110 of 8,051
Dude said the M1060 is $400?  Thought it was gonna be $300?

The tube amp is on sale anywhere?

Monoprice has a web site where these items and their prices are available (even if the products themselves aren't), such as the Monolith M1060 Planar Headphones, Monolith M560 Planar Headphones and the Stereo Hybrid Tube Amp with Bluetooth

The Hybrid Tube Amp has been on sale for $99 a few times according to my recollection of the Monoprice Newsletter for which you can sign up. You will also see the frequent discount codes such as the current 15% Off Site-Wide Use Code HAUNT.

Oct 13, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #111 of 8,051
Monoprice has a web site where these items and their prices are available (even if the products themselves aren't), such as the Monolith M1060 Planar Headphones, Monolith M560 Planar Headphones and the Stereo Hybrid Tube Amp with Bluetooth

The Hybrid Tube Amp has been on sale for $99 a few times according to my recollection of the Monoprice Newsletter for which you can sign up. You will also see the frequent discount codes such as the current 15% Off Site-Wide Use Code HAUNT.

Avoid that tube amp.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~cool386/jaycar/jaycar.html
Its actually a nobsound in China and they are almost total trash.
And sold as mistral audio even..

Oct 26, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #113 of 8,051
That's not the same amp. Monolith is a new line that is going after the big boys. Their home theater gear coming out is insane. The 7 channel, 200 watts/channel amp has been out and you can read all about it at avsforums. I've been buying from monoprice for so many years now. I'm very interested in the new monolith line. Cannot wait to read about all their new toys!

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #114 of 8,051
That's not the same amp. Monolith is ...

Since I referenced the only tube amp I've noticed sold by Monprice, I'll clarify that this was in answer to

The tube amp is on sale anywhere?

No reference was made to the Monolith amps, none of which involve tubes or are particularly relevant to headphones.

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #115 of 8,051
The tube amp is on their website, but out of stock. It's the last one that comes up if you search tube amp on their site. It's never been sold, but weirdly, doesn't have monolith in the description. No clue how it will perform.

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #119 of 8,051
Since I referenced the only tube amp I've noticed sold by Monprice, I'll clarify that this was in answer to
No reference was made to the Monolith amps, none of which involve tubes or are particularly relevant to headphones.

If you search for "monolith" on the Monoprice website, this stereo tube amp/24-bit USB DAC comes up in the results because they're apparently bundling it with the M560 for a package price of $340:

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=16159

161591.jpg

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #120 of 8,051
I'm certainly buying the M560. I was going to get the HD6XX, but the HD6XX isn't ideal for outdoor use. I won't have enough money to buy it on time anyway. I want to get a Planar that can be used outdoors for the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back