1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by wordfool, Sep 13, 2016.
First

Back
517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526
Next

Last
  1. SomeTechNoob
    I ordered a headband. For $10, it's worth a try. Will update when it comes in!

OldDude04 likes this.
  2. sman789
    Is it simple to get the HiFiMan band on? Just removed the old one and redrill the holes bit larger?

I have a set of the m1060 v2 modded to my liking but still with the stock headband.

jpqh6khnwl411.jpg
    Grills, thinner felt, fuzzors, different pads.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    trellus likes this.
  3. OldDude04
    There may even be an easier way. HERE is a post of mine from a couple days ago showing how.

sman789 likes this.
  4. PockyG
    First of all thanks @OldDude04 for letting us know about the headband.

[​IMG]

Installed it with no drilling or anything whatsoever. The hardest thing was removing the e-clips. When you take the old headband off you'll have two e-clips for each bolt. When installing the hifiman headband, the yokes are a little thicker so you need to just use one e-clip inside the cups. The ones by the yokes don't need to be installed. The clamp on theses are a little stronger than my preference but they are pretty nice and way more sturdy than the stock headband. I never expected my M1060 to become such a Frankenstein lol

5. OldDude04
    Awesome, I'm so glad the idea worked! Well executed Pocky, looks great. If they are too tight in the clamp department, you can bend the metal in the center of the headband carefully and relieve some of that pressure.

PockyG likes this.
  6. sman789
    On removing the clips to remove the yoke. Do you lift them up and out with pressure? I saw you used wooden tweezers for that, earlier in this thread.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  7. OldDude04
    I used some pointed tweezers I have from a precision tool kit (similar to THIS one). And as for how, I set the headphones down with the cup sitting sideways so that the E-clip would not fall towards the driver if I dropped it while pulling it out. Just be patient and you should have no problem getting them pulled.

sman789 likes this.
  8. sman789
    Got the gear ordered! Hopefully it's all here by the weekend.

9. OldDude04
    Sweet, let us know how it comes out. Good luck!

10. SomeTechNoob
    Hi guys, just got my headband in today but I'm having trouble putting it on my M1060C.

I removed the eclips(just one per joint) and removed the headband. The joint has a plastic sleeve on it, leaving me with the peg which seems quite secured onto the headband. Any ideas on how to remove the peg so I can transfer it over to the new headband?

Ill upload pics in a sec

11. SomeTechNoob
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. sman789
    The open m1060 are basically the same but with a another set eclips right inside the yoke. You're going to have to use some force. My left side had some clear gaps between yoke and the outside of the pin. I was able to use a thin spudger to get them out. My right side were basically painted or glued shut. I got the hammer out and pounded the old yokes down to get the pin out.

20190926_010059.jpg

Whoever attempts this, make sure you have some high quality, tiny, durable tweezers. The ones I bought kept bending. And those eclips are very tiny, make sure you don't lose 'em!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    trellus likes this.
  13. SomeTechNoob
    Alright, so basically use more force on the pin and hammer it out. I'll try that next time around. I ended up reassembling everything just to play it safe. Hopefully mine aren't welded shut or anything lol.

Actually, is there a groove for the second eclip on your m1060s? Or do the pins look identical to mine?

Needle node pliers work great for removing eclips. I use a method similar to this video:

14. sman789
    There is a second groove for the clips. I actually had 6 not 8. Each side had two on a pin, then one on the other.

LOL, the guy in the video mention the clips didn't fly across the room. My first one I popped off, it's MIA.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  15. Deanorep
    Do you guys have any suggestions on how to free a stuck pin? Three of the four pins came out easily but I've been whacking this last one with a hammer for half an hour with no luck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First

Back
517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526
Next

Last