1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by wordfool, Sep 13, 2016.
First

Back
479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488
490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499
Next

Last
  1. DavidA
    For gaming my favorite headphone is the HD700, easy to drive, great positional audio, bass that doesn't bleed into the mid and one of the most comfortable around. They can be had for pretty cheap these days since many bash them as being sibilant/harsh in the treble but there are many like me that find them really good. A few of my friends like the HD700 a lot more than the HD800, T1gen1 and SR009 that I had a while back. You're lucky that you can drive an hour to a headphone shop, I have to get on a plane for at 4-5 hour flight, LA or SF would be the closest destinations with decent shops.

If you want the powerful bass then I'd suggest a Fostex TH series but then they are all pretty "V" shaped in sound signature but they do have decent sound stage for closed headphones.

trellus likes this.
  2. CluckerByte
    Hey everyone, thanks so much for the suggestions, I truly appreciate everyone's input. :)

I just got back from the headphone shop most local to me (1.5 hours) and demoed many headphones, I ended up settling on the Audeze LCD2C.
    For those curious, these are the headphones I demoed during my hours there.

• Audeze LCD2C
    • Audeze LCD2 Closed Back
    • Audeze LCD X
    • Audeze LCD 2 (Fazor)
    • Mr Speakers Ether C Flow
    • Beyer DT 1990
    • Focal Elear
    • Fostex TH600
    • Hifiman Sundara
    • Oppo PM2
    • Campfire Audio Cascade

I found some of these headphones did things better, I struggled between the LCD2C and Closed Back version for a while, thought I settled on the Closed Back, but then heard the Cascade which did something really nice with the sound, but closed the sound stage up too much for my liking, and then before I purchased the LCD 2 Closed Back I demoed that and the LCD2C once more and decided in the long run I'd love the LCD2C more, it is remarkably close to the M1060 in terms of open-ness, bass, clarity. (I'm not going to get into super detail and specifics because in my hunt for headphones I've found listening to other peoples specific detailed opinions is silly)

The LCD X did nothing for me, I found it to be too bassy and nowhere near the amount better that it costs over the LCD2C and Closed Back that I tried.

If anyone wants to know specifics between the different models I can try recall for you, I'm fairly good at keeping audio images in my head (in that headphones sound exactly as I expect them to when I listen to them after a long period of time away)

Thanks again everybody for the help, nothing helps like doing a demo in person with friendly and likeminded staff. ^_^

OldDude04 likes this.
  3. DavidA
    @CluckerByte, happy for you that you got to audition those headphones and ended up with one that you liked and I agree with you that its hard to figure out what someone else is hearing but over time you tend to find those that have similar preferences/hearing to your own so it gets a little easier.

CluckerByte likes this.
  4. cjc
    Just picked up some M1060's from Monoprice. The 1/4" to 2,5 connector sucks...I have to keep positioning it to get Stereo.
    What are most people doing to solve this??

5. ksorota
    Immediately purchased an aftermarket cable!

Worked great:darthsmile:

6. theangelboy
    Yeah, that adaptor is terrible. I honestly wonder if some of the poor reviews came from using the faulty adaptor.

Anyway, I don't think the adaptor is fixable so my suggestion would be throw that adaptor in the trash and get a different adaptor (because the stock cable really isn't bad) or get a new cable. This is the cable I use because I wanted a 3 meter cable. It works great. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5O8S4M/

7. OldDude04
    The adapter is known to be trash for sure. You can always get another adapter easily and cheaply enough. Or, like others have said, you can get a new cable.

8. cjc
    Any good 6 foot cables OR a good quality adapter to replace the crappy monoprice??

9. OldDude04
    I bought a 7ft cable from Periapt Cables a while back and it's been great.

1.jpg 2.jpg
    3.jpg

10. Tony51
    Periapt is the best and gorgeous

OldDude04 likes this.
  11. theangelboy
    Here is the same cable that I use but in a 6 ft length.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N218RNU/

I'll be honest, I have never had to buy adaptors. I simply accumulated them over the years from various audio equipment. There are many, many, many different ones to choose from. Here are some on Amazon that don't seem to be garbage.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WRJ44V/

Also, as others have said, if you are willing to splash the cash, you can't go wrong with Periapt.

12. jotaku
    Ironically I've used other monoprice adapters in the past with no issues, but the one that came with the M1060s was bad. So I just used one of the other monoprice adapters I had lying around. Works great. I don't think the cable for the M1060 is bad at all. The right angle termination is a little weird, but it works just fine.

13. cjc
    The pin inside the right angle plug came out when I removed the 1/4" plug. Is this suppose to happen..or is it too defective?

14. SomeTechNoob
    Seriously, don't bother with the included 1/4" adapter. It's not worth the effort. It's actually garbage.

I recommend these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D82XXGO

They work with TRS as well as most TRRS 3.5mm ones with android mics.

15. cjc
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
First

Back
479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488
490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499
Next

Last