Monoprice Monolith Liquid Spark - By Alex Cavalli
Apr 17, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #526 of 624
Apr 22, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #527 of 624
I'm in Malaysia and we have the same plug type as the UK, so far my LS is with it's original US plug and i'm using a universal travel adapter to connect it at the power source....so far no issues, no cut outs nothing pretty solid i must say...might be worth looking for now while you get the right plug type for the LS....you wouldn't want to make a mistake that could potentially cost you your amp

Apr 23, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #528 of 624
I received the LS and it works with EU C7 cord to the PSU. However, unfortunately the Spark has channel imbalance starting from 9 o'clock which is most apparent until 10 or 10:30 on the volume pot. This is where my Clear is at my normal listening levels. Also Im not sure is the balance perfect after 10:30. On Arya, it seems to be okay at 11 or so. I think I have to return it to Amazon and try some other amp next. Maybe something I don't have to order overseas. (basically only Zen Can in the price range or some Topping/SMSL stuff)

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #529 of 624
I received the LS and it works with EU C7 cord to the PSU. However, unfortunately the Spark has channel imbalance starting from 9 o'clock which is most apparent until 10 or 10:30 on the volume pot. This is where my Clear is at my normal listening levels. Also Im not sure is the balance perfect after 10:30. On Arya, it seems to be okay at 11 or so. I think I have to return it to Amazon and try some other amp next. Maybe something I don't have to order overseas. (basically only Zen Can in the price range or some Topping/SMSL stuff)
Ah, well. :triportsad:

May 1, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #531 of 624
So I'm coming from Dragonfly Red then later on Modi Multibit + Project Polaris / Vali 2+ (also tried Asgard 3).

But only Dragonfly Red give me enough bass slam and aggressive enough for rock. Just not as high resolution as other combo.

The other amps are better with acoustic songs but doesn't give me enough slam and rumble (I guess Dragonfly Red is not neutral while the other amps try to be neutral).

Do you guys know if Modi Multibit + Liquid Spark would give me what I'm looking for? (Dynamic punch and low end rumble)

Headphone is Denon D2000, which I find it funny that usually this is super bassy headphone but in this case it felt a bit polite LOL.

May 3, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #532 of 624
So I'm coming from Dragonfly Red then later on Modi Multibit + Project Polaris / Vali 2+ (also tried Asgard 3).

But only Dragonfly Red give me enough bass slam and aggressive enough for rock. Just not as high resolution as other combo.

The other amps are better with acoustic songs but doesn't give me enough slam and rumble (I guess Dragonfly Red is not neutral while the other amps try to be neutral).

Do you guys know if Modi Multibit + Liquid Spark would give me what I'm looking for? (Dynamic punch and low end rumble)

Headphone is Denon D2000, which I find it funny that usually this is super bassy headphone but in this case it felt a bit polite LOL.
Hey man so i have the mimby and the ls amp but i dunno if the slam here is what you're looking for....so far for me the only units that gave some killer slams are Aune's X1s pro combo and audio GD nfb 11.38...the audio gd has some killer slam but YMMV....see if you can try an unit out first before purchasing

May 3, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #533 of 624
Hey man so i have the mimby and the ls amp but i dunno if the slam here is what you're looking for....so far for me the only units that gave some killer slams are Aune's X1s pro combo and audio GD nfb 11.38...the audio gd has some killer slam but YMMV....see if you can try an unit out first before purchasing
Heyyy thanks for the response!

Ahhhh I see, I guess at this point I don't know if Mimby is too neutral or if Vali 2+ / Project Polaris is too neutral or Dragonfly Red too coloured LOL.

I almost wonder if I should just get a Loki and EQ the sub bass up and call it a day.

But otherwise would you say in general is Mimby + Liquid Spark a good combo? (Aside from the ridiculous bass requirement that I'm looking for)

May 3, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #534 of 624
Heyyy thanks for the response!

Ahhhh I see, I guess at this point I don't know if Mimby is too neutral or if Vali 2+ / Project Polaris is too neutral or Dragonfly Red too coloured LOL.

I almost wonder if I should just get a Loki and EQ the sub bass up and call it a day.

But otherwise would you say in general is Mimby + Liquid Spark a good combo? (Aside from the ridiculous bass requirement that I'm looking for)
Personally i think the mimby and the LS is fantastic...i really enjoy the mimby now....i don't see me changing anything soon as long as they're workin fine then they'll stay the way they are

May 3, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #537 of 624
Personally i think the mimby and the LS is fantastic...i really enjoy the mimby now....i don't see me changing anything soon as long as they're workin fine then they'll stay the way they are
lol ok good to know that Mimby + Liquid Spark worked out for you. I think for me since I already have Project Polaris so I'm debating to either go:

Mimby + Liquid Spark
or
Mimby + Project Polaris + Loki (to EQ up subbass)

I think would be cheaper for me to get Liquid Spark since I can get it from Amazon though I guess I won't really know which is better until I try both sighhhhhh.........

I'll let the thoughts stew a bit tonight LOL.
I ordered LS with Modi 3 , hope to find that smooth sound compared to the cold, analytical or forward sound of most SS stacks.
Congrats! Hope you get it soon!

If for whatever reason you find Modi 3 is not warm enough then you could take advantage of Schiit's 15 days return policy and upgrade to the Modi Multibit. Then they won't charge you restocking fee. The Modi Multibit which is even warmer, but try it as is first lol.

May 3, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #538 of 624
lol ok good to know that Mimby + Liquid Spark worked out for you. I think for me since I already have Project Polaris so I'm debating to either go:

Mimby + Liquid Spark
or
Mimby + Project Polaris + Loki (to EQ up subbass)

I think would be cheaper for me to get Liquid Spark since I can get it from Amazon though I guess I won't really know which is better until I try both sighhhhhh.........

I'll let the thoughts stew a bit tonight LOL.

Congrats! Hope you get it soon!

If for whatever reason you find Modi 3 is not warm enough then you could take advantage of Schiit's 15 days return policy and upgrade to the Modi Multibit. Then they won't charge you restocking fee. The Modi Multibit which is even warmer, but try it as is first lol.

Or a Schiit Modius. 😁

May 8, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #539 of 624
Curiosity got the best of me and I ordered one, let's see how this goes LOL.

The user comment from Amazon really got my curiosity. This guy who already owns Project Polaris proceeded to buy 2 Liquid Spark since he liked it so much. I currently own Project Polaris (and Mimby) so I'll see what happens. :p

May 12, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #540 of 624
I got my Liquid Spark!!!

First impression is good, tonality actually surprisingly close to the Dragonfly Red that I'm trying to upgrade from. Although Dragonfly Red is a bit more v shaped while Liquid Spark is a little bit more mid forward but otherwise fairly close. They each do different stuff a tiny bit better and tiny bit worse relatively to each other.

Though I do have a few questions now. Do burn in effect sound much? Manufacturer recommend 100 hours burn in should I keep letting it burn in before judging it pre-maturely?

Also first impression is that...... hmmmm......... how should I put it. Everything sounds right and sounds good but also nothing really stands out if that makes sense? Is that just the nature of the amp? What I mean is that, the treble is pretty good, but not the best I've heard, mid is pretty good, but also not the best I've heard, bass too........etc......

Like for example my Vali 2+ is really good at treble and separation but lacking impact, my Project Polaris is very good mid range detail and bass impact but lacks sub bass and treble detail. Liquid Spark is very good at everything but not the best at anything LOL (if that makes sense).

Should I just be patient and let it burn in and also letting my brain adjust to it? Initial thought is that like I said tonality is very close to Dragonfly Red and technicality is a tiny tiny bit better than Dragonfly Red, so do I really need 2 amps sounding so close to each other? Or should I just return it and get something more different to complement each other?

Though I know I just got it that's kind of why I'm asking to see what are you guys' long term impression. Anything would be helpful, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back