Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum - By Alex Cavalli
Feb 7, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #1,563 of 5,149
Balanced is definately better with better clarity. I mean treble sound more expressed in peakiness with this clarity.
Good to know. . .

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #1,564 of 5,149
how much is the input impedance of LP?
I looked into the spec sheet but didn't find it, good to know for pairing it with preamp since it lacks gain switch.

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #1,565 of 5,149
Feb 7, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #1,566 of 5,149
I’d love it if Monoprice/Dr. Cavalli, would create and sell a less expensive version of the Lau, hint and please.

Feb 7, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,567 of 5,149
I’d love it if Monoprice/Dr. Cavalli, would create and sell a less expensive version of the Lau, hint and please.
Or maybe Massdrop would... I think their CTH and LCX are great (for their respective price points) - now it is time for higher end one! LGX? LauX? XLau? hmmmm....... :thinking:

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #1,569 of 5,149

The future is still being written. Hang in...............
Until that time I suggest everyone consider a new paradigm with Liquid Platinum. The LP has exceptionally low distortion and square wave response is nearly that of the Liquid Crimson; almost perfect. This great clarity translates to hearing and differentiating source components at a level few have ever experienced. Think about that for a bit. You are hearing your source clearly. Deficiencies heard are likely deficiencies of the source. Other source+amp system synergies may offer complimentary performance to smooth over deficiencies of both source+amp. LP is somewhat malleable with different tubes, but remains brutally honest presenting source sonic signatures.

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #1,570 of 5,149
Until that time I suggest everyone consider a new paradigm with Liquid Platinum. The LP has exceptionally low distortion and square wave response is nearly that of the Liquid Crimson; almost perfect. This great clarity translates to hearing and differentiating source components at a level few have ever experienced. Think about that for a bit. You are hearing your source clearly. Deficiencies heard are likely deficiencies of the source. Other source+amp system synergies may offer complimentary performance to smooth over deficiencies of both source+amp. LP is somewhat malleable with different tubes, but remains brutally honest presenting source sonic signatures.

No complaints from me, I love my LP, just sold my Violectric, now looking for a tube amp to compliment this amp.

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #1,571 of 5,149
No complaints from me, I love my LP, just sold my Violectric, now looking for a tube amp to compliment this amp.
I am doing the same thing. Looking for a OTL. The LP and a good OTL and i am done.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #1,572 of 5,149
I love my LP, saving up for better dac and cans. Probably headphones first. No complaints with my setup. LIstening to great recordings has never been better for me. Amazing value I could never afford an amp that sounded like this, truthfully even the 6 bills I was lucky enough to get it for was stretching the budget !

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #1,573 of 5,149
I am doing the same thing. Looking for a OTL. The LP and a good OTL and i am done.

Exactly what I’m looking forward to finding an OTL or SET amp as well.

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #1,574 of 5,149

Users who are viewing this thread

Back