Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum - By Alex Cavalli
Dec 17, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #949 of 5,149
OMG ok !! I did not bother look at these capsules, they did not look like something serious to read ! More like some empty slogans. But thanks ! 5 years warranty is great !!!!

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #950 of 5,149
I looked up the warranty when this first came out and it said 1 year which scared me off. It definitely says 5 years now.

Can any owners check their manuals or boxes for confirmation?

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #953 of 5,149
This sending the amp for replacement thing is making me nervous man. The tracking info on my shipment says "Label created" yet I dropped it off friday !!!!!!! If Fedex loses my package, I'm not going to just accept to loose 700USD!!!!!! What a pain man I swear.

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #954 of 5,149
It says it right on the website
Yep. As I said in the post you quoted.

The website did not always say this, however, so I was asking to be safe. They also botched some of the specs early on (and corrected it later), which all leads me to be skeptical of the website's accuracy.

Five years is probably correct, but I'll message them to be sure.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #955 of 5,149
My new LP with stock tubes at 15 hours, listening to Duke Ellington’s “Jazz Party,” via Bluesound 2>Vinshine R2R Reference DAC>LP>Abyss 1266. Great tone, deep black background, deep stage, width ok, very musical. I didn’t listen up to this point, the amp was freezing cold when it arrived yesterday, literally.

It’s been several years ago, at one of the Nashville Meets, when I listened to Dan Clark’s Liquid Crimson, different equipment and headphones, but two core attributes struck me, musicality and pitch black background.

Dec 18, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #956 of 5,149
So I have some JJ gold pins that have about 40 hours on them in my valhalla 2. Anyone hear them in the LP yet ? I'm closing in on 40 hours on the LP with EH tubes. Probably won't mess with it until the holiday break. Anyone comment on the difference between gold lions the JJ's and the stock by chance ?

Using HD6xx and HD600 here. I'll try the JJ gold's once burn in is complete. Don't like spending more than $50 for tubes. Might have to try the gold lions though.

I too would prefer not to spend much on tubes. From experience with Valhalla 2 (and before it the Vali 2), I have developed a preference for certain tube sounds. While I wait for these tubes, a friend lent me his JJs (not Gold). After completing the 40-hours with stock EH, I changed to his tubes. These are making a significant change to the sound - as expected, warmer, and smoother highs. So perhaps what you like in Valhalla 2 will equate to a similar character in the LP.

Best luck!

Dec 18, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #957 of 5,149
I too would prefer not to spend much on tubes. From experience with Valhalla 2 (and before it the Vali 2), I have developed a preference for certain tube sounds. While I wait for these tubes, a friend lent me his JJs (not Gold). After completing the 40-hours with stock EH, I changed to his tubes. These are making a significant change to the sound - as expected, warmer, and smoother highs. So perhaps what you like in Valhalla 2 will equate to a similar character in the LP.

Best luck!

Thanks for the post. I'll be swapping to those next time I sit down, probably get some gold lions too soon.

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #958 of 5,149
Yep. As I said in the post you quoted.

The website did not always say this, however, so I was asking to be safe. They also botched some of the specs early on (and corrected it later), which all leads me to be skeptical of the website's accuracy.

Five years is probably correct, but I'll message them to be sure.
Please let us know what they say

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #959 of 5,149
Anyone order their LP not using Amazon Prime, i.e. from Monoprice directly or through Amazon fulfilled by Monoprice? They FedEx'ed my LP to me and it got stolen off my porch. There was no signature required for delivery, and it's a $700 item, which seems insane to me. I'm just wondering if anyone else had it delivered FedEx and, if so, if a signature was required. I may need some generic info to leverage my case with Monorpice/FedEx. Thanks!

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #960 of 5,149
Sorry @Burgerbassist that sucks man, I ordered mine off eBay and it did not require signature iirc. Best of luck getting that sorted out. Those ****ing thieves are the worst, and I have heard the cops wont look into porch thieves. Total crap situation, that's why so many people are having items delivered to there work now. That said, I would be trying everything I could. I had some knives stolen off my porch last year and the company offered to give me half of my money back but I kept arguing and ended up with nothing. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, and your situation may be different from mine. Ymmv. Best of luck to you.

I just got done chatting with monoprice about the warranty change and this is what they said:
Screenshot_20181220-124725.png Screenshot_20181220-124813.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back