Monoprice Monolith Liquid Gold (X)
Jan 1, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #61 of 694
After couple horror stories I have read, I HIGHLY recommend NOT buying open box from Monoprice!
People literally got broken DOA units from their open-box sale...

Okay, now that is seriously concerning, I agree. That also seems to imply that Monoprice customer service is not among the most responsive or responsible in audio-land, is that also correct?

The "open box" option should be off the table then. Definitely not worth risking that,

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #63 of 694
Monoprice website is saying 2.5.20 ETA. Earlier in this thread I read mid December. That is another 6 weeks... my neurotic mind will be doing circles waiting...:)
I was ready to buy this thing. So glad it was delayed which led to my buying another amp that I love.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #64 of 694
Feb 14, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #65 of 694
Feb 14, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #66 of 694
Feb 14, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #67 of 694
Feb 14, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #68 of 694
Yeah saw that. I couldn't wait any longer and bought a Pathos Aurium. Patience isn't one of my virtues.
That's a very good amp. I owed one briefly. Even though it's a hybrid, it lack a little drive compared to solid state amps. I have the Cavalli Liquid Carbon 2.0 and it has similar tone to the Pathos Aurium but with better dynamics and punch.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #69 of 694
That's a very good amp. I owed one briefly. Even though it's a hybrid, it lack a little drive compared to solid state amps. I have the Cavalli Liquid Carbon 2.0 and it has similar tone to the Pathos Aurium but with better dynamics and punch.
That is interesting. I love The Aurium. It is a sweet sounding amp. It isn’t super powerful, but drives everything I have with aplomb. I will most likely get the LAuX at some point. Do you think the original Liquid Carbon or 2.0 sound different to the Drop version?

Feb 14, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #70 of 694
That is interesting. I love The Aurium. It is a sweet sounding amp. It isn’t super powerful, but drives everything I have with aplomb. I will most likely get the LAuX at some point. Do you think the original Liquid Carbon or 2.0 sound different to the Drop version?
Haven't heard the Drop version, but looking at the spec sheet everything leads me to believe they should sound similar. I like and prefer the footprint of the original LC/2.0 over the Drop version. I heard the original LAu with the LCD-4 and ZMF Verite at a meet and it's a beast of an amp. The LAu is a little to warm sounding for my taste. It's very tube like in its sound presentation with details galore and I'm wondering if the LAuX will sound similar. If so, if you like tube-like warmth but with more detail and dynamics then the LAuX should be right up everyones alley.

Feb 15, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #71 of 694
Haven't heard the Drop version, but looking at the spec sheet everything leads me to believe they should sound similar. I like and prefer the footprint of the original LC/2.0 over the Drop version. I heard the original LAu with the LCD-4 and ZMF Verite at a meet and it's a beast of an amp. The LAu is a little to warm sounding for my taste. It's very tube like in its sound presentation with details galore and I'm wondering if the LAuX will sound similar. If so, if you like tube-like warmth but with more detail and dynamics then the LAuX should be right up everyones alley.
"tube-like warmth but with more detail and dynamics", that is exactly what I like. Now I am even more interested in this amp. Thanks for that info!

Feb 15, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #72 of 694
"tube-like warmth but with more detail and dynamics", that is exactly what I like. Now I am even more interested in this amp. Thanks for that info!

I remember that the original Liquid Gold has the trademark liquid Cavalli midrange, but it's been a while since I listened to one and I'm looking forward to hearing the Monoprice version. Hopefully Monoprice will be at CanJam SoCal later this year.

Feb 15, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #73 of 694
I remember that the original Liquid Gold has the trademark liquid Cavalli midrange, but it's been a while since I listened to one and I'm looking forward to hearing the Monoprice version. Hopefully Monoprice will be at CanJam SoCal later this year.
I really want to hear it as well. Perhaps I will love the DAC too. Curious why the date keeps getting pushed back.

Feb 15, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #74 of 694
The fact that CNY kept getting extended due to Coronavirus plus any factory workers returning from their home towns will be put into 14 day quarantine might be causing this delay. Even if the new products were completed before CNY, no one has been at the factory to pack the container and bring it to port. Just a guess though...

Feb 15, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #75 of 694
The fact that CNY kept getting extended due to Coronavirus plus any factory workers returning from their home towns will be put into 14 day quarantine might be causing this delay. Even if the new products were completed before CNY, no one has been at the factory to pack the container and bring it to port. Just a guess though...
Hadn't considered coronavirus as the driving force for the delays. Make sense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back