Monoprice Monolith Desktop THX Amp/DAC (#24459) - Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2017 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 841

XERO1

Headphoneus Supremus
244591.jpg

244595.jpg

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24459

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...monoprice-desktop-thx-headphone-amp-dac.5420/

FYI - The analog RCA and XLR inputs are converted to digital by an internal ADC. The ADC cannot be defeated or bypassed. :angry:

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 841
- Update - DAC/preamp outputs have been added to the final design.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 841
Agreed. I wonder if that has anything to do with the THX licensing?

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #4 of 841
It looks like they have changed the design and now it does have RCA DAC outputs, very nice change. Now I wonder if you are able to cycle through the AKM filters. Seems like a exceptionally good deal if the THX amp lives up the hype. That surround processing has big potential for gamers and movie watchers especially. Its supposed to be a quite subtle effect which is great IMO.
244592.jpg
T

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #5 of 841
It looks like they have changed the design and now it does have RCA DAC outputs, very nice change. Now I wonder if you are able to cycle through the AKM filters. Seems like a exceptionally good deal if the THX amp lives up the hype. That surround processing has big potential for gamers and movie watchers especially. Its supposed to be a quite subtle effect which is great IMO.

Where do you see that they've added outputs?

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #7 of 841
Its the picture I posted, they updated the product page on Monoprice.com. You can see Analog RCA output in the middle of the Balanced XLR ones.

Those are labeled inputs

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #9 of 841
For me I see 2 sets of RCA one says in the other says out. You might want to clear your browsers cache, could be loading the old image if you have been to the page before.

Strange, it still doesn't show up right for me even after clearing my cache, but anyway that's definitely a needed change

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #10 of 841
Strange, it still doesn't show up right for me even after clearing my cache, but anyway that's definitely a needed change
elwqPQG.jpg

Ill try putting it on file hosting site maybe this one will show up correctly. THey changed the way the back looks quite a bit, reversed inputs and outputs side and added RCA outputs.
djOp1G

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #12 of 841
elwqPQG.jpg

Ill try putting it on file hosting site maybe this one will show up correctly. THey changed the way the back looks quite a bit, reversed inputs and outputs side and added RCA outputs.

Now that's more like it!

Of course I would prefer it to have a balanced output instead of a balanced input, but I'll take what I can get.

The Monolith Desktop just got a whole lot more attractive to me!

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #13 of 841
I still don't see a updated picture on monoprice site. Yes cleared my browser and no change. How about posting a link to new picture. Thanks

Sep 29, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #14 of 841
I still don't see a updated picture on monoprice site. Yes cleared my browser and no change. How about posting a link to new picture. Thanks
I actually posted one a few posts back, but here is the direct link to where I uploaded it to imgur. https://i.imgur.com/elwqPQG.jpg . I am in Japan so I am assuming I am seeing a different version of the Monoprice website than everyone else which might be why its not showing up. Some more news is that the ETA now says 1/23/2018. So it looks like it has been delayed until next year likely to make these changes to the back-plate. No idea if that is final or not and they still havent added the full specs.

They must have saw all the feedback which was along the lines of "NO LINE OUT NO BUY!" and decided to redesign it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back