Monoprice 8323 vs. Audio Technic a ATH-M30: Which one do I choose?
Apr 29, 2013 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

melina

New Head-Fier
I'm in need of a replacement pair of headphones, and did some shopping around to see what I could find within my budget and needs. I've narrowed it down to these two, since they both have rave reviews. I need to decide quickly because I'm leaving on a trip soon, so I must order them within the next couple of days.

I'm favouring the 8323, but the only thing that seems to be a bit of a drawback are the significant amount of complaints about the headband which is said to be uncomfortable. Yet there are just as many people saying they're comfortable, but since I can't walk into a store and try them on like I could with the ATH-M30 I have no way of knowing if the complaints are valid or not. I can't make up my mind about which ones to go for, so I'd appreciate it if any of you guys can help me be decisive.

Oh and in case this bit of info helps, I listen to a wide variety of genres, everything from pop to classic rock, indie, jazz, R&B, electronica, classical, salsa, folk and more.

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 3
For the price the monoprice sound pretty great, but at first I would agree they are pretty uncomfortable. After more use with them either I got used to their clamping force or the the plastic stretched out, either way they're aren't too bad now. The pleather ear pads did drive me crazy though. Haven't tried the ath-m30 but if they're anything like their older brother the ath-m50 then they should sound good.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back