Monoprice 8320 vs AKG K81 DJ for portability?
Mar 6, 2013 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

KetchupNinja

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I'm in need of a closed budget can for travel use.  These are gonna be thrown around in a backpack a lot so I need something that is somewhat durable.  I've picked these two because they're pretty cheap and I can get velour pads on both.  My preferred sound signature is good bass, warm mids, and recessed highs.  These will be driven from a FiiO E07k, which would you prefer and why?  Thanks for looking!

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 4
@ketchupninja:
The monoprice 8320's are in-ear headphones (not cans) that sound excellent to me and are similar to what you are looking for (there is a whole thread on them), but they are hard to get a good fit for them to sound good. I've never heard the AKD K81's but for the others I think you meant the Monoprice 8323 cans, which for me had a lot of clamping force and weren't that comfortable. They seemed well built until one of the drivers started rattling at even medium volumes, which happened to my friends pair too. The bass was good but did not extend as low as I thought they would. The mids were warm but the vocals didn't sound very realistic to me, kind of congested if you know what I mean. I personally would stay away from the 8323's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back