Monolith M300 In Ear Planar Earphones
Jun 17, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #646 of 659
Received my M350 last week and have been playing around with them for about a couple of days worth. ( @Sunstealer )

Some first impressions:

I had zero fit or seal issues with these. The earhooks feel slightly flimsy though.

Without EQ the sound is slightly bizarre. I'd say it's good if snare drums is the thing you're most interested in as they are the most forward thing in the mix by far. However, bass quality/quantity is surprisingly good even without EQ.

With EQ the sound can get really good. Didn't have time yet to adjust it very far, but you can EQ a good amount of bass, upper mids and low-mid treble in. High treble is surprisingly good and airy.

One thing that was conspicuous with these is that they react strongly to amping/sources, even more so than my Tri i3. Of the sources I tried so far the DX220 with the AMP9 tube amp module sounded easily the best, giving a vibe very close to a bassy full-size planar (with EQ of course). Well, I'm currently interested in portable tube hybrids anyway and have ordered some more of those. Didn't yet have time to try my desktop dacs/amps.

And then after about two days the right side mmcx connector started cutting off and then stopped working. Looks like I'll need to return these and get a replacement. Could post some further impressions after that.

Jun 17, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #647 of 659
Thanks for the impressions. I'm not a big fan of heavy EQ do maybe give these a miss. Hopefully TRI will improve on the I3 instead....

Sep 30, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #649 of 659
Hi all

If anyone here managed to 3d print the ear hooks/clip thingy can you please help to pm me the .stl file?

The audeze groovy kit costs as much as the m300 itself plus shipping lol.

Thanks in advance.

Oct 4, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #650 of 659
Oct 21, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #652 of 659
I got the fitting problem for weeks, then I use the heat gun to soft the ear hook, then pull the earhook far from the tip. then the tip are perfect aligned to the ear canel .

Received my M350 last week and have been playing around with them for about a couple of days worth. ( @Sunstealer )

Some first impressions:

I had zero fit or seal issues with these. The earhooks feel slightly flimsy though.

Without EQ the sound is slightly bizarre. I'd say it's good if snare drums is the thing you're most interested in as they are the most forward thing in the mix by far. However, bass quality/quantity is surprisingly good even without EQ.

With EQ the sound can get really good. Didn't have time yet to adjust it very far, but you can EQ a good amount of bass, upper mids and low-mid treble in. High treble is surprisingly good and airy.

One thing that was conspicuous with these is that they react strongly to amping/sources, even more so than my Tri i3. Of the sources I tried so far the DX220 with the AMP9 tube amp module sounded easily the best, giving a vibe very close to a bassy full-size planar (with EQ of course). Well, I'm currently interested in portable tube hybrids anyway and have ordered some more of those. Didn't yet have time to try my desktop dacs/amps.

And then after about two days the right side mmcx connector started cutting off and then stopped working. Looks like I'll need to return these and get a replacement. Could post some further impressions after that.

Jun 13, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #653 of 659
Are there measurements for the M350 to adjust it according to the Harman curve?

Jun 13, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #654 of 659
Are there measurements for the M350 to adjust it according to the Harman curve?

A good starting point would be Crinacle's EQ settings for Gold Planar GL20 which are planar iems of similar vein or that's what I did. Don't have my DX150 and M350 with me right now but could check later where I ended up with the settings. I think i put the bass shelf up to +9db , dropped the 5300khz boost to around 10-12 db, then added some slight warmth to the ~200hz area. Possibly did some slight adjustment in the 1 to 2.7 khz range. Those could all fall within personal preference though.

Aug 24, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #655 of 659
I got the fitting problem for weeks, then I use the heat gun to soft the ear hook, then pull the earhook far from the tip. then the tip are perfect aligned to the ear canel .
I have M350 for almost 2 months and when they came out of the BOX I went straight to this mod. I use foam tips like Comfly instead of bundled silicone tips because they are open planars so I prefer to get weighted sound as much as possible. They are much more dark than M1060C or M1570 but not less detailed and transparent. Upper part is much withdrawn so bright instruments are less articulated but vocals are well. Soundstage in depth and wide is very good. Great separation and they are very quickly with good attack. Overall they are very low fatiguating at long sesssions but very engaging and enjoyable in my opinion. I did a short compare to my old good HD650 but Sennheisers hadn't a chance in every aspect. Monolith planars are incredibly good.
M350balfiio.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #656 of 659
Update. If you are still able to buy M350 then don't hold back. From yesterday I'm using them with handmade hybrid MMCX 2.5mm cable (pure copper + silver plated copper 8 wires 152 strands) + memory foam tips. That combination is outstanding. Clearity, detail, weight - meat, warm, soundstage are top. They sound like big dimension planars. Absolutely love them more now. Compared to much more expensive (4 times) overhyped hybrid IEMs and still they smash them.

Attachments

• M350balfiio.jpg
    M350balfiio.jpg
    995.7 KB · Views: 0
Apr 4, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #658 of 659
How do the M300 and M350 compare? If they're basically Isines on a budget, I wouldn't mind picking them up, but seeing as the M350 is double the price of the M200, I would like to know if that double in pricing is worth it.
Edit: Oh, and for owners of either the M300 or the M350, how have they held up, have they managed to last quite awhile before issues started to appear?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back