Monolith M300 In Ear Planar Earphones
Jan 30, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #616 of 659
i thought i've seen the worst nozzle design in Tin P1... until i saw M300's nozzle. Big and ugly and stupid :p so very disappointing. Even the tips are so HUGE! *sigh.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #617 of 659
I received and tried the brainwavz Bluetooth cable. It has plenty of power, but the odd, huge shape of the m300 drivers just don’t work with memory wire cables, or at least I can’t figure out a way to make them fit.

Feb 24, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #619 of 659
I think if you use search, someone switched the left with right and wore the ear pieces upside down to get the memory wire cables to work.

I thought the M350 went on sale for $99. But the appearance is not too special.
I tried that and no go. The drivers are just too large; the jack on the driver comes up too high

Feb 24, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #620 of 659
I tried that and no go. The drivers are just too large; the jack on the driver comes up too high
It looks like the brainwavz cable has a pretty large memory loop, which is probably causing the issues. Does it have wire that can be permanently bent, or have you tried gentle heat?

I have a standard cable with earhooks built in, and it works fine with my M300s. But it has a much smaller loop than what I see in the BT cable you have.

Feb 24, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #621 of 659
It looks like the brainwavz cable has a pretty large memory loop, which is probably causing the issues. Does it have wire that can be permanently bent, or have you tried gentle heat?

I have a standard cable with earhooks built in, and it works fine with my M300s. But it has a much smaller loop than what I see in the BT cable you have.
Any chance you can post a picture of it on your ear?

Feb 24, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #623 of 659
A bit late to this party, but for anyone who stumbles here in the future, I'm pretty certain that Monoprice has killed the M300 and all parts.

I ordered a set when they were on sale for $50, and got one with a DOA cable. When I asked for a replacement cable they said they couldn't provide one and that the best they could do is return the whole kit for a refund.

I like the drivers enough that I'll just source my own cable and be on my way, but just a heads up for anyone who finds their way into a pair of these in the future.

Feb 24, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #624 of 659
Returning my RMA'ed M300 from the recent sale as well.
They don't have any more for replacement, and would not let me exchange for M350.
Both my original order and the 1st RMA replacement have bad right ear.
QC is really horrible on them. I can see why Audeze stuffs cost more.

Feb 24, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #626 of 659
I bought a memory wire mmcx cable on ebay for about $15. It works way better than the stock cable

Feb 25, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #627 of 659
I think if you use search, someone switched the left with right and wore the ear pieces upside down to get the memory wire cables to work.

I thought the M350 went on sale for $99. But the appearance is not too special.

350 did go on sale for 100, picked one up on amazon. I'm enjoying it quite a bit could easily pass as a full size headphone IMO. Comfort seems average to me for IEMs, I find Tin T2, ZS10 less comfortable and Uiisii CM5 more comfortable.

Feb 25, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #629 of 659
I purchased it 2 years ago, so, look on ebay for mmcx memory wire. The exact ones I purchased are not listed any more.

Feb 26, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #630 of 659
I bought a memory wire mmcx cable on ebay for about $15. It works way better than the stock cable
Any chance you can post a pic of how you use that cable with the m300? I got a memory wire cable, and I just can’t make it work with the m300

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back