Monolith M300 In Ear Planar Earphones
Jan 9, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #526 of 659
The stock cable is just stupid, in my opinion - it drags down and disrupts the fit.
I'm considering stripping the sheathing, but doubt if it will be much lighter.
- any others?
I got a cable off AliExpress and the connectors on it didn't work with one of the earpieces. I reversed the cable and same thing so it wasn't the cable. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #529 of 659
I got a cable off AliExpress and the connectors on it didn't work with one of the earpieces. I reversed the cable and same thing so it wasn't the cable. Anyone else have a similar experience?
I noticed that with multiple cable swaps the two pieces of metal forming the "circle" for the pin in the cables to socket into started to spread apart and cause intermittent/complete signal loss. Not sure if this is your problem but using some ultra fine curved tweezers I was able to pinch the metal back together and get a secure connection on my set. Also noticed that the stock cable seems to spread it out quicker than other cables that I have lying around :rolling_eyes:

Jan 11, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #530 of 659
I've been listening to these almost exclusively now since the 31st (though I have spent a few hours with my Mobius and 6XX to compare) and I finally found a setup that works for me.
I found that my ears are too big for the ear hooks unfortunately, and after 20-30 minutes they feel like they're pinching so much its unbearable. The small ear locks work great, coupled with the small foam tips they include. I picked up a TRN 8 core mmcx cable from Ali for a few bucks, and its so SO much better than the stock cable. The stock cable is so heavy it feels like it's pulling them out of my ears. Finally after some tweaking I found what to my ears is a very good EQ profile (pictured below.)
Once I made all of the changes here I find myself not taking these off all day, the sound is really great for the price, especially if they're on sale for sub $100. For sitting at my desk at work all day this is the only thing I'll be bringing from now on. Just want to say thanks to everyone in the thread for all the great info here, it was very helpful in getting things setup just right for me.

Screenshot_2019-01-11-09-07-04-01.jpeg

Jan 12, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #531 of 659
Agreed the stock cable is completely inappropriate for an iem. I picked up a memory cable that is silver plated copper, which made a big difference. It is much lighter.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #532 of 659
I've been listening to these almost exclusively now since the 31st (though I have spent a few hours with my Mobius and 6XX to compare) and I finally found a setup that works for me.
I found that my ears are too big for the ear hooks unfortunately, and after 20-30 minutes they feel like they're pinching so much its unbearable. The small ear locks work great, coupled with the small foam tips they include. I picked up a TRN 8 core mmcx cable from Ali for a few bucks, and its so SO much better than the stock cable. The stock cable is so heavy it feels like it's pulling them out of my ears. Finally after some tweaking I found what to my ears is a very good EQ profile (pictured below.)
Once I made all of the changes here I find myself not taking these off all day, the sound is really great for the price, especially if they're on sale for sub $100. For sitting at my desk at work all day this is the only thing I'll be bringing from now on. Just want to say thanks to everyone in the thread for all the great info here, it was very helpful in getting things setup just right for me.

I tried the EQ you have shown, not bad at all.

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #533 of 659

What Eq software are you using?

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #535 of 659
I just downloaded Audeze Reveal. I have tried different Audeze settings (for their Headphone's which I do not own) with the M300. The Reveal is a free download.

Jan 30, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #537 of 659
Guys,
YoungArthur and I have been experimenting with earclip designs for several months. We've gone through a few iterations and the version YoungArthur describes above appears to be a winner. If you have access to a 3D printer, you could make the clips yourself. I'm attaching a pic of the clips with dimensions for those of you who want to 3D print some yourself.

If you don't have access to a 3D printer, and would like us to make you some clips, we could do that and mail them to you. You'd then also need to buy the ear hooks off amazon.

Many thanks to YoungArthur for all the diligence and effort he has put into solving the iSine/M300 earclip problem that has tarnished an otherwise promising planar earphone design. His most recent search and discovery of those amazon ear hooks has been a great find!

Do either of you have the STL file by any chance?

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #540 of 659
The MMCX variant pairs with the M300 pretty well:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AK-...-2PIN-MMCX-Connector-Use-For/32954012728.html

Almost as easy as the KSC75 to put on now. :)

Hmmm, I have the 2-pin version of those -- I publicly griped about their reliability (I'll never use them at the gym again despite TRN's claim that they are water proof, lol) -- but they deliver the juice wonderfully to my BQEYEZ KC2.

I hadn't even thought about using the MMCX version with the M300 because it seems they wouldn't be a fit due to the fixed nature of each earpiece on the TRN BT20 -- do you have this? I assume that means you wear the M300's upside down??

Can you show us a picture of how that works on your ears? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back