Monolith M300 In Ear Planar Earphones
Jan 22, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #421 of 659
Where did you find memory wire mmcx cable and how much are they

Got it from Amazon mmcx cable by OKCSC for like $6-7, not the best quality, but at that price is just no brainer and much better than the stock function wise. Not sure if new member can post link. But just search "replacement cable mmcx", it works as intended and actually decent quality for day to day usage/cheap enough to replace.

Why the reverse hook up method? The way m300 angled nozzle and the eartip wingtip sits, that's the only way so it fit properly in the ear without weird angled protrusion. It can be more flushed to the ear if you are willing to cut/file down the nozzle. Maybe down the road i might do that :ksc75smile:

Feb 1, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #424 of 659
Feb 1, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #425 of 659
Are those ear hooks permanently attached to the tips?
Seems 2 parts but feels vulcanized or glued, can not get the inner part/plug out.
Can you show us a photo of these mounted on the M300?
IMG20180201210727.jpg

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #426 of 659
Hello fellow head-fi'ers. This is my first post so I hope I can be of some kind of usefulness to you all. I'm new to the game but I'm jumping all in.

I almost sent my m300's back to Monoprice. I actually picked them up because my initial problems with these (comfort) was what I was worried about with the iSines. They sounded great but what use is that if you can only wear them for an hour or two? My black clips broke, the included cable was heavy and the eartips felt unwieldy. At first I attempted to switch to Comply tips... no luck. I thought they still felt fatiguing so I addressed the next issue, weight. I bought a new mmcx cable through amazon and I finally felt like I was making some progress. At this point I was at about 3-4 hours of listening before needing to remove them. Mind you that they were getting to unbearable around that time. Lurking through these threads I found the memory wire solution. "Problem solved!" I thought. Well, not so much. It helped but I just never looked forward to putting them on my ears compared to some of my over ear cans. I ALMOST tossed in the towel at this point.

Enter Amazon. Searching through earhooks I came across these babies https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075K59NDV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. They sent me the smallest size connectors (not what I ordered but I think the largest size may also be too small) and I sat down for a little doctoring. I simply cut the original earhooks just above the semi-circular area, pulled the corresponding parts out of the new silicone ones and swapped them out. They do sit a bit higher than the Monoprice hooks so you may need an exacto knife and some extra time if your ears are a little smaller but these things are incredible. I paired this with the new lightweight cable and Spinfit CP155's and I can't be any happier. In fact I'm looking into some Unique Melody ME1's and hopefully I can splurge on some lcd i4's by the time my birthday comes around. I'm seriously loving this in-ear, open back planar thing. It suits my lifestyle incredibly well and my over ears may take a backseat for 2018. If I can't birthday surpise myself with the i4s I'm going with some Auteurs though. I hope this helps someone out. It's an incredibly quick fix, very easy and supremely comfortable.

Cheers!!!

bWVkaWFJZDoxNTUxODIxMzM=

cGF0aDovMjAxODAxMjdfMTIyNzE0X3pwc295OXNhZ2tkLmpwZw==

bWVkaWFJZDoxNTUxODIxMzQ=

Feb 2, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #427 of 659
.The new round part, simply pull out of the over ear bit.The ones supplied with the iSine/M300,seem to break at the clip part, leaving the round part intact. Simply insert the horseshoe part into the over ear bit. Simple/quick/easy. If someone could print the round bit, we would all be very happy. No more expensive over ear clips.Anyone?.
IMG_1756.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #428 of 659
I'm getting a good fit and great contact-bass with these ear tips: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-P...32823303887.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.NQvc4k

I was using the white version without the flap, and then use the exact black version above.. this when everything alligns.. good seal (the white one doesn't seal well), doesn't need earhook with memory wire cable and the wing tip actually hold everything in the ear, easy insert/take off, good sound (best using amp).. I'm in the process of getting angled mmcx cable, will update how it goes once i tried it

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #429 of 659
Can you use these on a plane? I know you can but I'm curious about sound bleed.

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #430 of 659
They maybe take down 3-6 dB at best.

Feb 9, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #431 of 659

I tend to doubt anyone sitting by you will hear the low, thin sounds leaking out of the M300 over the dull roar of the jet engines -- but I admit I haven't tried since I tend to like noise cancelling headphones for my own ears, when flying.

Feb 10, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #432 of 659
Just got my pair last week. Aside from quirky fitting these are actually sounding better as I burn them in. Been doing quick listening sessions at different intervals of burn in times. Mids and highs are moving in better direction. No quite 100% for my tastes at this time...but getting there. So far at about 50 hrs play time with nurforce udac3. 8-12 hours at a time. Before you give up on these iems let them burn in for a while. I believe that all iems and headphones need a little slow cooking like a good stew to get the best flavor.

Feb 10, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #433 of 659
Just got my pair last week. Aside from quirky fitting these are actually sounding better as I burn them in. Been doing quick listening sessions at different intervals of burn in times. Mids and highs are moving in better direction. No quite 100% for my tastes at this time...but getting there. So far at about 50 hrs play time with nurforce udac3. 8-12 hours at a time. Before you give up on these iems let them burn in for a while. I believe that all iems and headphones need a little slow cooking like a good stew to get the best flavor.
The tips play a big part in that too. The included silicone tips give a lackluster sound profile IMO. The one thing memory foam pair give a warm sound signature

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #434 of 659
The tips play a big part in that too. The included silicone tips give a lackluster sound profile IMO. The one thing memory foam pair give a warm sound signature
I agree , I like foam tips better. They definitely work better when using the ear locks, helps keep the in better.

Feb 10, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #435 of 659
I agree , I like foam tips better. They definitely work better when using the ear locks, helps keep the in better.
If you don't mind dropping a $20, the comply comfort t600 are the best of both worlds. Great fit, warm signature, but steal keeping detsilde presentation. Well worth the small invedtinve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back