Monolith M300 In Ear Planar Earphones
Oct 25, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #332 of 659
You might want to email them saying you're thinking of returning them, then let them know the reason is the clips. I made it clear in my email my intent was a refund and got an email within a couple hours.

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #333 of 659
You might want to email them saying you're thinking of returning them, then let them know the reason is the clips. I made it clear in my email my intent was a refund and got an email within a couple hours.
I did the same. Took about two weeks to finally get a refund but Mono paid return shipping and I received a full refund. Waiting until they refine these like they did the M1060.

Oct 25, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #334 of 659
I did the same. Took about two weeks to finally get a refund but Mono paid return shipping and I received a full refund. Waiting until they refine these like they did the M1060.

I usually have a difficult time finding a comfortable fit, but these for me were the worst I've tried. I really hope they can improve on it, and will keep an eye out.

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #335 of 659
But you returned them from the US, no option here while down $149 + $50 ship + €44 tax, add €45 insured return shipping = over $300 spent to get $149 back minus what they charge as restocking fee plus broken ear-hooks plus one ripped foam tip. Hardly an option, and I don't think the threat of doing so will make them sweat.
Thinking how many isine 10 offers I declined starting at €250 ........shivers!

The Peon cable from ebay is as thin as they come, they came however with 2 silicone cable sleeves that are shaped like ear-hooks, maybe I can use them to fabricate something but it looks the 3d pen is the best option so far.

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #336 of 659
But you returned them from the US, no option here while down $149 + $50 ship + €44 tax, add €45 insured return shipping = over $300 spent to get $149 back minus what they charge as restocking fee plus broken ear-hooks plus one ripped foam tip. Hardly an option, and I don't think the threat of doing so will make them sweat.
Thinking how many isine 10 offers I declined starting at €250 ........shivers!

The Peon cable from ebay is as thin as they come, they came however with 2 silicone cable sleeves that are shaped like ear-hooks, maybe I can use them to fabricate something but it looks the 3d pen is the best option so far.
Ah, your foam tips ripped?! That is my favorite tip. Provides the sweetest sound signature for my ears. Warm, slight cavernous presentation. Remotely similar to my Audioquest Nightowl's with the hybrid pads. My fave sound signature/presentation. Tried the silicone, as well as the Audeze Groovy tips. More detail up top, more clinical type presentation. Fatiguing and dry to my ears. The included foams are musical. Sorry to hear one died. Perhaps some comply 600 series will give you back some audible joy.
Edit: Don't know what the price difference would be for you, but Audeze now has the accessory kit up on the site. https://www.audeze.com/isine-accessory-kit

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #337 of 659
Edit: Don't know what the price difference would be for you, but Audeze now has the accessory kit up on the site. https://www.audeze.com/isine-accessory-kit
$75 including shipping. Already had one on order from dutch wifimedia stores, but they replied the dutch audeze importer stopped and there is no one in sight that will replace them. Still have money parked there hoping they will find a new reseller soon.

Oct 25, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #338 of 659
No worries, my PM-3 isn't bad too. Been looking around for a 3d printing pen to make some hooks, pretty cheap (even cheaper than ordering a groovy kit) but still not sure about the best filament material to use.
So which one besides the isines are you thinking of comparing to?
I think Monoprice has an inexpensive 3d printing pen, check them out.

Oct 26, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #341 of 659
Oct 26, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #342 of 659
I suppose I am in the minority but I don't use any clips. I suppose I am stationary with them so I don't really have the issue of them falling out. I also use the Rebound Fidelity Foam tips from Amazon. They are a firmer foam and are round so they are very comfortable. I've also been using the BT dongle from Trinity with my iPhone 7 plus or Pono balanced cable, also from Trinity, with my Pono. I've really been happy with them overall. Really for me what I like is the spaciousness of the sound because of their open nature. Added bonus is a bit of spacial awareness which is great for being home with kids.

Oct 26, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #344 of 659
That's a bit overkill, lol, bought this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-7...32767557752.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.lcamR1
and these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/sag...32821009677.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.lcamR1 just for the hooks.
I suppose I am in the minority but I don't use any clips. I suppose I am stationary with them so I don't really have the issue of them falling out. I also use the Rebound Fidelity Foam tips from Amazon. They are a firmer foam and are round so they are very comfortable. I've also been using the BT dongle from Trinity with my iPhone 7 plus or Pono balanced cable, also from Trinity, with my Pono. I've really been happy with them overall. Really for me what I like is the spaciousness of the sound because of their open nature. Added bonus is a bit of spacial awareness which is great for being home with kids.
Yes, they sound very wide, remembers me of my old Maranz radio/cassette's spatial setting.
Does it come with the rubber inserts? If so, nobody tried those? I prefered them over the plastic hooks as they didn't cause pain for the iSines.
Yes, 2 smaller - two larger inserts are there, not working for me, I have a feeling it's the softness/weakness of the rubber that can not support the weight of the pods.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #345 of 659
Does it come with the rubber inserts? If so, nobody tried those? I prefered them over the plastic hooks as they didn't cause pain for the iSines.
They come with hooks, but they are a little flimsy. Unlike the ones for the iSine, the bottoms aren't connected. A bit difficult getting the top in, and also reaching under your ear to get the bottom flap in as well. Tempted to spend the $25 to get the Audeze replacement package for the hooks, but at the same time, don't WANT to spend $25 for ear hooks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back