Monolith M300 In Ear Planar Earphones
Sep 30, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #136 of 659
I imagine most of us are still waiting on initial deliveries, with just a handful having heard them so far. Mine should arrive on Wednesday.

Sep 30, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #137 of 659
Yeah, I think they are really prevalent on this cable because of the cloth material on them. That said I don't really notice it when music is actually playing, but it might just be my mind filtering out the noise. I would think that those wire-braided cables would help, but I am not sure.

EDIT: Already broke one of the black clips. I wonder if the Audeze clips would fit, and if they did would be more comfortable?

You are not the first one that mentions a broken black clip. No flex or a weak spot? Is it the kind of plastic that softens when heated, like in hot water?
How to rubberize these shiny beasts.....

UPS says Monday, yeah!

Sep 30, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #138 of 659
Yup, shortly after that post I broke the other black clip lol... Its just a very slim, flimsy hard plastic. They both broke at the part that goes around the actual monitor, so I think its that the plastic is under a lot of force/pressure when connected. If Monoprice went with a stiff rubber for the earhooks it would have been a lot better. The "ear-hooks" that goes inside of the ear do feel nicer, but they don't play with my ears that well.

Also I have to mention that my ears do get a little tender around the ear lobe area, if I am fidgeting with them to get a "good seal".

Sep 30, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #140 of 659
It's been days now...who has these? Who is working on an indepth review?

I'm literally shocked there's no more info on these...with the iSine 10 and 20 being as popular as they are the lack of nearly anything for something so cheap and robust is very odd.

Not really. I was one of the first to order these, literallly 1 minute after they first opened up (I had a browser window on a 1-minute refresh all morning at the office) and am still awaiting mine. I opted for normal free shipping. I won't pay the premium just to get them a day or three earlier because, as experience has proven, in the event I end up returning merchandise, I do not want to be out-of-pocket for expedited shipping that turned out to be fruitless.

I realize that patience is in short supply here at Head-Fi (see above where I had a freaking web page on auto-refresh for 6+ hours!!!), but the reviews will come.

Sep 30, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #141 of 659
Sep 30, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #144 of 659
I dunno, I'm curious about that Aeon
I heard the Aeon. Not all that great for the price. Not much warmth, and can get sibilant. Don't believe the bull reviews. Same goes for the MrSpeakers Flows. Overpriced.

I'm starting to really distrust Tyll now with the Aeon review and the iSines. He needs to get his ball going with truthful reviews. He needs to help us get value for our hard earned money! He needs to try out many headphones including Monoprice ones.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #146 of 659
I heard the Aeon. Not all that great for the price. Not much warmth, and can get sibilant. Don't believe the bull reviews. Same goes for the MrSpeakers Flows. Overpriced.

I'm starting to really distrust Tyll now with the Aeon review and the iSines. He needs to get his ball going with truthful reviews. He needs to help us get value for our hard earned money! He needs to try out many headphones including Monoprice ones.
Hard to test what you can't hear...

Sep 30, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #147 of 659

IMO for $799 the Aeons are priced correctly. If you want a neutral, lightweight, comfortable, isolating headphone then this is the one. Was sibilant at first but the foam pads help and pairing with the black label (the bass boost is legit) it becomes a fun headphone.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #148 of 659
Out of curiosity I looked at the front door cam while bored at work and saw there had been movement when I was expecting none...

It was UPS. On a Saturday. Delivering my package early... on a Saturday! I've never gotten anything from UPS early... and on a Saturday! Yes I'm pretty excited about that fact because I wasn't expecting it and now I have a surprise waiting at home. :beyersmile:

Oct 1, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #149 of 659
For those of you waiting be careful with the earhooks when you receive them. I read prior to receiving my M300's that the earhooks are extremely fragile and oh boy they weren't kidding. I was extremely gentle with them when swapping between them and the earlocks and still broke one. As far as wearing them over ear I haven't had any luck with the stock cable or an aftermarket one. Plus the nozzles are angled forward and don't fit well in the ear canal wearing them over ear.

Oct 1, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #150 of 659
I just got home and tried these and my first impression is... fans of treble need not apply. Seriously these are dark... darker than any other headphones I've owned (I haven't owned a whole lot [DT 880, DT990, M1060, DT1350, VE Zen 2, VE Monks] but yeah). This isn't necessarily a bad thing. The treble is still there, but it's really noticeable that it's taken a backseat to the mids and lows. I'm using the medium silicone tips. Fit is great and I don't even feel the clips (black) for now (45 minutes in), which did not break for me. Hoping they stay that way.

Trying with multiple amps (Schitt Magni 2U, Millett Butte [which is barely usable, too much gain], Fiio E18, Millett NuHybrid [with all upgraded parts].) So far they all sound dark, with the Butte being the brightest of the bunch.

Going to have to spend a lot more time with these.

EDIT: I will say, so far they haven't set off my tinnitus, even at loud volumes and that's a win for me. Sometimes dark is good...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back