1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by FastAndClean, Jan 12, 2018.
First

Back
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last
  1. jjflemin
    Really looking forward to those pics. Been wanting to jump on a pair of 1060C's, but can't stand that headband. Also curious about the comfort level vs stock!

2. Shroomalistic
    so you need to order them custom? Whats the process like and turn around time. Im tempted to get a pair but I would ruin my eikon suedes if I remove them. I used the wrong tape to put them on (3m ATG 969 VHB tape) omg this is insanely strong tape.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  3. OldDude04
    Yep, they are a custom order. I ordered late January, around the 28th or 29th, and they arrived today, so roughly 3 weeks total. But the salesman I spoke with let me know there was a 14 day lead time to make the pads. As for you getting a pair, I'd say get them whenever you can, but I wouldn't ruin the Eikon Suedes to try them :sunglasses:.

4. Shroomalistic
    IMG_0622.JPG
    Got my pilot pad, suede is much better then the Lambskin.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    trellus and OldDude04 like this.
  5. jj69
    I just tried converting mine to open back using the grills I had printed locally. No luck. The screws aren't long enough to clear the long posts on the back of the grills. Either the posts were printed too long, or there's enough plastic gunk built up inside the sunken screw holes so that the screws won't sink in enough. Super frustrating!

Are any of our skilled 3D printers here on Head Fi back to printing these again!?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Relaxasaurus and Tony51 like this.
  6. Tony51
    I myself was hoping for the guy that I purchased from on here, that he would of pursue the other grill designs like the one with the M for monolith but I'm not sure he resumed and I forgot who it was. Bummer.
    There is someone doing them in wood for 100 bucks, really nice design and a lot of work but I'm not going to spend 100 bucks. I believe the name was losoto or losono? Anyway I saw a YouTube about the making of it. So YouTube it.

7. SomeTechNoob
    I pretty much only lurk nowadays. I can draw up other designs for sure if people really want them, but I got tired of babysitting my 3D printer since the thing really needs to be scrapped and rebuilt someday.

Shroomalistic likes this.
  8. Shroomalistic
    if you ever get around to making some M grills, shoot me a pm. Ill buy another set from ya

Tony51 likes this.
  9. Tony51
    Same with me, I'd like to get an M on my grill

10. Tony51
    If you get around into starting again. Shoot me a pm or let me Know here. I'd like one with the M" design. For now I'll keep using the ones I purchased from who ever I got from...LOL

11. Tony51
    Hi joe, just for info. I got a new source, the newest Hiby R6 pro and paired with the Fiio E12 portable amp, the sound was a bit off using the thin foam. So I tried using both, the thin n the thicker one and the sound is pretty awesome on my open back M1060c.

12. Shroomalistic
    Has anyone designed a pad adapter for m1060c's. Not shure how the one for the m1060 works or if it will work on m1060c
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2569234
    Somone should design an adapter that has a lip to mount pads like the t50rp mk3 has.

13. Gunz.jones
    After all the reading I've done and reviews I've watched (some suffered through) I picjed these up. Loving them after a month. Thanks for all the early adopters of this leaving so much material behind.

14. Shroomalistic
    IMG_0642.JPG IMG_0644.JPG IMG_0645.JPG IMG_0649.JPG

15. OldDude04
    Looks phenomenal.

First

Back
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last