1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by FastAndClean, Jan 12, 2018.
First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last
  1. Jonathan Lerner
    Thankyou so much

2. Jonathan Lerner
    Did anyone figure out how to make it so you can magnetically change the headphones from closed to open?

3. WHO23
    Loving the sound of the M1060c after convering them to open grills using the losodo mod. Can anyone do measurements between open and closed? I'm curious how it affects the distortion and affects the low frequency square wave

4. Shroomalistic
    Anyone try dekoni velour lcd pads with these yet? I love the memort foam in there pads but not sure if they would be better then the eikon suedes.

5. SolaVirtus
    I have the Dekoni pads on now, and prefer them to stock for most of the listening I do. To me the Dekoni pads seem to tame the mids a little, as well as the bass. It's got just a tad less of the planar "wall of sound". I miss the bass just a little, but I'm EQing the 1.7k peak down a tad, so I bump the bass just a tad while I'm at it, and I'm happy.

I also just added the grills and will be keeping these open at this point. With the Argons newly in my stable now, I didn't need the M1060C as a closed back. I'm liking them more open with the Dekoni pads, but it's definitely a different sound than stock pads and closed wood cups

6. jotaku
    I didn't like how much bass it took away. The Vegan Pads are seriously the best upgrade in pads. Haven't heard the ZMF Eikons though so I can't say with 100% certainty.

OldDude04 likes this.
  7. theangelboy
    From what I have read the Eikons are not as ideal as the vegans simply because the ear holes in the pads are oval instead of square so as a result they partially block some of the driver. Also, they are shallower than the vegans. Now, I don't know how much this affects the sounds but that is a technical difference. I really wish Dekoni would tune the pads to the headphone instead of just making the same versions of all their pads (sheepskin, velour, hybrid) regardless of what it does to the sound. We still really need someone to make an affordable vegan clone. They would sell like hot cakes!

8. OldDude04
    I ordered some custom pads made of alcantara from Vesper Audio for my M1060's. When they arrive, I'll do a direct comparison with my vegans and I'll post up how they do.

9. theangelboy
    Interesting. I look forward to a comparison! Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much were they?

10. OldDude04
    It was just under $70 for all alcantara in black made with memory foam including shipping. I'm hoping they are good pads and a viable alternative to vegan pads.

theangelboy likes this.
  11. y0da_cod3r
    Just got my M1060C, amazing sound! Do you guys know any 3.5m female adapter to 4.4mm balanced male? Or a 2.5mm cable to 4.4balanced??
    tks

12. OldDude04
    I don't know if it's any good, but there is THIS cable.

13. stimuz
    dropped mine like 3x and as expected the weight did cause damage. first one damaged my cable, 2nd 2 damaged the jack on left cup(works only with a bent plug). anyone know how to fix?

14. AJZ0
    That's much what I said when I requested Brainwavz make a deep angled version of their XL in Micro Suede which I put on my M1060C today and have been enjoying all day.

theangelboy likes this.
  15. theangelboy
    Really? I had no idea that Brainwavz did custom orders! That's awesome! How much were they? Did you give them specific dimensions on how deep you wanted it or anything? Also, I would some pics of those custom pads when you get a chance.

First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last