1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by FastAndClean, Jan 12, 2018.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. Shroomalistic
    do your fazors work on the m1060c?

2. SomeTechNoob
    No idea. Don't really want to take my M1060Cs apart either since I already scratched the cups where the screws are and my OCD is killing me because of it.

3. FireLion
    Do you sell the grills and will they fit the m1060c?

4. bjaardker
    That's not his claim, that came directly from Monoprice. Also, considering the m1060c has 15ohm impedance and the original open back have 50ohm, there must be something different. I can appreciate not agreeing with his opinions or assessments of things. There are lots of reviewers that my preferences don't mesh with, I just take those with a grain of salt. Not sure why that makes him a loudmouth baby though. I suppose that's off topic though. Happy Listening!

interweb-tech and trellus like this.
  5. SomeTechNoob
    Yes, they are listed in my post. Just send me a pm.

6. bjaardker
    When you folks are opening the backs on the 1060c, what are you using for dust cover/baffling between the grill and driver?

7. SomeTechNoob
    Just keep the biggest layer of felt/foam in and take out two of the foam disks. I personally don't like an exposed driver.

bjaardker likes this.
  8. Shroomalistic
    I keep just the big black circle. I also took off the thin white felt out and put cotton pad over it instead then put the big black circle pad then the open grill.

9. stimuz
    Just got in the monolith OFC from Monoprice today. I honestly was not expecting any changes in sound and I don't notice one, but it does look awesome and completely eliminates the microphonics from the stock cable. Not a terrible deal when it's less than $10 difference from all the other replacement cables I've been comparing. I knock OFC all the time, but honestly they don't kink or tangle so that's enough for me to like them.

bjaardker likes this.
  10. bjaardker
    Pics or it didn't happen :D

frizfnatic likes this.
  11. frizfnatic
    lol

12. bhazard
    These headphones deserve more attention. I really liked the M1060, but I love these. Excellent bass response with a nice balanced sound.

Easy enough to drive from a smartphone as well. Rare for a Planar.

Current EQ with Audeze Vegan pads:

m1060cv.JPG

trellus likes this.
  13. FireLion
    Hi All

Would you be interested in a high quality soft deerskin headstrap if it was made to replace the stock strap and fitted on just the same?

I ask as a company may develop one and I am trying to see how much interest there is. I know I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Please take part in the poll.

https://www.strawpoll.me/15400382

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  14. kenyee
    Decided to send these back...if anyone wants these for less than what monoprice currently sells them for ($290 is what I paid for them), let me know. No weird cable/connector issues.
    I do like the sound but the weight/clamping bothers me enough that I can't do long sessions w/ them :frowning2:

15. Dadbeh
    i sent mine back too. flimsy headband and uninspiring sound. I liked the sound well enough but LCd-2C just sounded better to me so even tho it is a good value i figured im still gonna reach for lcd-2c and senn599 every time so whats the point? i kinda lost interest in modding since i just love lcd-2c so much.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last