momo "baron von bullsh*t"
Apr 23, 2004 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

fyrfytrhoges

Headphoneus Supremus
anyone have this yet? i got it sunday and it's worth the money, i know there's some of you out there, namely one who is dissin me on this one, you know who you are, i'd like your impression! now quit celebrating your birthday and give it to me.....

Apr 23, 2004 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 8
I picked up barron von ********, and it really was a pleasant suprise. I think the live version of bankrupt on selling and interstate 8 are the best, and it's impossible to not crack up when issac is talking about how he's not going to play freebird

A nice little gem after what i consiter a slightly disapointing album

Apr 23, 2004 at 4:06 PM Post #3 of 8
A pleasant surprise indeed, most of the live mouse I have acquired is hardly worth listening to, good to finally have a decent live soundboard recording of some shows.

You can't beat the price on these new albums either, $7.99 at best buy! What is the world coming to!

Apr 23, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 8
wow, i guess i'm really not an audiophile, i never really thought i was anyway, but i thought the quality of this recording was pretty damn good for a live concert.

Apr 24, 2004 at 9:23 AM Post #6 of 8
this release really feels like it's one for the fans to me. the setlist is almost entirely composed of older stuff, and it includes the majority of my live favorites. "bankrupt on selling" was a popular one for this tour it seems, but the last few times i saw them it was a rarity. another live favorite of mine that isn't included on this release is "trailer trash" but hey, we can't have everything.

i liked this release a lot. sound quality isn't necessarily the best ever, but it gives you a good taste of what they sound like live. what was it isaac brock said in that interview about performing live, "it's importaing knowing how much you can drink before the show."

Apr 24, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by br--
The sound quality of this album is actually pretty bad in comparison to other live recordings. It sounds mushy and the details are blurred. The songs are quite good though.

Everything I have is pre-2000 and it all sounds horrible compared to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back