Momentum M2 or ATH-MSR7?
May 9, 2015 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

inertianinja

500+ Head-Fier
I recently had the chance to test and review the Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7. 

Compared to the M50, I found the MSR7 to have substantially better detail and overall sound quality but, as many have said, they are a bit bright. Out in the noisy world, at higher volumes, the treble pokes you a bit more sharply than you'd like.

After I sent them back, I started doing some research for my new portable fullsize over-ear. I'm looking for something with the great detail of the MSR7, but with a less bright/bassier sound signature.

Do the Sennheiser Momentum M2's fit that description?

May 10, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 4
Yep, pretty much!

The M2 is darker, smoother and mid forward with more bass (not as much as the M50 mind) You will sacrifice a bit of high end sparkle to stop piecing treble, but it does mean sibilance is really cured for good - In fact, I've never encountered any harshness in the treble what-so-ever when listening to anything on the M2, it's one of it's biggest plus points.

If anything, the mids are the first things that become harsh if you listen at really high volume.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #3 of 4
Hello! 

I'm trying to make my final decision on "Momentum M2 or ATH-MSR7?". It's been a while since last update. So, what's your final opinion after time of exploring those two? 

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back