Mojo vs rsa Intruder
Jun 4, 2018 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

John0405

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me on that: I feed my kaiser encore with a chord mojo. I’m quite happy with its sound, but sometimes feel that that the bass is lacking some punch. I owned at some point a rsa 71b and was wondering if an amp from Rsa would enhance the bass of my Encore. I know rsa amps are quite old, but maybe their sound signature would better fit my tastes. Would it be a sidegrade or a downgrade to trade the mojo for an intruder ?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers,
Jon.

Oct 15, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #3 of 4
I have a set of K10's for about 4 years now. I've also had RSA Intruder for about the same time.

I feel they're a fantastic pairing. I took both my K10's and RSA Intruder to the Tokyo headphone expo a couple of years ago when I was considering selling my Intruder in favour of a Hugo or Mojo. Honestly, I felt like the Mojo (and to a lesser extend the Hugo) was a step down from my RSA Intruder. Aftr demoing some Wagnus (from Japan) cables I went with a cable upgrade instead of switching to a Chord DAC/Amp.

I found the RSA Intruder to be far more punchy, and sliiightly warmer than the Chord DAC/Amps, and generally far more enjoyable to listen to. Particularly if you like rock, electronic, blues, and classical music (Chord maybe more geared to Jazz)
Paired with a Wagnus cable was pure bliss.

Some complaints about RSA though...
My initial one wouldn't charge out of the box. Ray denied there was any problem with the unit (blamed me for not charging it correctly?!), but replaced it free of charge anyways. The replacement has been perfect, although I needed a replacement battery after about 3 years.
You can't complete the battery replacement yourself. Have to send back to Ray each time.
It can not charge with USB, which means you need to carry the proper charger with you when you travel (huge negative for me)
It uses a very unusual kobicon plug for balanced cables, which means you'll need to have your current cable reterminated to suit.

If Ray would change to USB charging, a replaceable battery, and an industry standard 4-pole plug, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. But the complaints above mean I rarely use my unit anymore, and am looking for a replacement which is more travel friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back