Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #2,566 of 3,042
Anyone got any opinions on these?
Am curious!
So basically, some kind of silicone waveguide that you insert into your ear.
I'm assuming it doesn't work with IEMs.
But I want to make sure I'm not being 'baffled by BS' lol; it says things like "resonance = distortion", but surely it's not that simple?

Resonance is just two identical sound waves overlapping and causing amplification, no?
Anyway, would be interested to hear your thoughts about this.
Am autistic and sensitive to noise (it can have a really big impact on my mood etc), so am considering this for daily use (when NOT using IEMs).

I can say you gota try it... And I dont think it will cost that much either , maybe need ear impression? Hes idea is for every day use acctually very interesting idea but this proves we have ear imperfection and we are doomed ?? Very odd finding but maybe it does work who knows!

Jun 27, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #2,567 of 3,042
WM1Z is back! Romi Mod Blackgate has been completed and is currently burning in. Its been a crazy week, also received back my re-shelled Legend X which pairs well with Romi's Sensation cable.
So far so good. Ultra black background, some nice sub bass texturing and liquid smooth mids with a touch of top end sparkle.
I also sent my Hugo 2 for the blackgate upgrade and i'm really enjoying this setup with the Mass Kobo 428.

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #2,568 of 3,042
or kaisie is for 1z project?
It is for the 1z .
:)

Ok this one I never expected to be an issue but our own ears are at the fault we have some bad hearings!!

https://www.flareaudio.com/pages/ca...SE8YSu1Ukyb_osOoiYQUmhtQdqIbwNuSAHA0ifpYkkbJo
Hmmm...
Anyone got any opinions on these?
Am curious!
Basically a new marketing ploy for what amounts to some treble attenuators .
Basically a "bandaid" for bad synergy with gear.

It's probably going to cause ear infection
And also irritation for anything that goes in deep.
Careful cleaning maintenance would be suggested.

They are suggesting using the ESS dac side to listen to rock while using the AKM dac side to listen to jazz or classical:
That's because they need a "new marketing idea" for what is basically a topology which gone as far as it can go, without being able to surpass the topologies of the Sony, Chord, and Ladder dacs.

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #2,569 of 3,042
I think it will just increase the audio neurotic-ness of the user:
Imagine if you play music on shuffle, how often you swap jacks to suit the music being played.

Imagine someone with 25000 tracks doing this kind of back and forth just to find the right sound.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #2,576 of 3,042
Silver Back plate with antenna
20200628_212648.jpg

Internal copper wrap. "both PCB side"
20200628_212921.jpg

Back to sleeper OEM look.
20200628_214640.jpg

Will do the same to my 1Z next :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #2,577 of 3,042
WM1Z is back! Romi Mod Blackgate has been completed and is currently burning in. Its been a crazy week, also received back my re-shelled Legend X which pairs well with Romi's Sensation cable.
So far so good. Ultra black background, some nice sub bass texturing and liquid smooth mids with a touch of top end sparkle.
I also sent my Hugo 2 for the blackgate upgrade and i'm really enjoying this setup with the Mass Kobo 428.

IMG_0354.jpg
IMG_0356.jpg

Woaaaa congratulations! Looks really nice 🙂

How many hours so far? Did you get full silver cables? And 8wires?

It is for the 1z .

I wishhhhh I could hear that 1z with kasei caps 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #2,578 of 3,042
Jun 29, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #2,579 of 3,042
Wow! What a difference copper wraps and silver back plate bring. Nice complement together with tier3 mod + sound tune FW. Never thought WM1A can be quite enjoyable DAP. While going through songs so far, I'm keep getting goosebumps and orgasming. It's like a mini version of 1Z now. Bass is noticable cleaner, heavier and have some layering too. Feel like wanting to dance and tap my feet. Hardware mods rules!

LOL, now my 1A have a nice weight to it. I like it!

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #2,580 of 3,042
Balanced only WM1A
2.4Ghz Bluetooth Antenna utilising where 3.5 lived. Audio Note Caps. 4100mah battery (stock is 1860mah) Laser Cut copper backplate.

Just pointing out the fantastic job done here in placing the caps with such intense precision!
Then the battery upgrade! A huge bonus surprise!
Now we have another option here to upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back