Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #2,056 of 3,042
Me to I lately have changed my eartips from comply foams to symbio with foam inside. At first I was worried that it will get to bright on treble but to my surprise it was very good and pleasant crips crisp shimmery now...

Bit I really gone mad about symbio is the bass! Oh my my it make it tighter and faster really good! Isolation is same level as foaming and no sq lost! Try it they are very good.

I ordered new foamies from symbio awaiting to try them.

You know what I like about the symbio?
That they fit the looks to my semi truck 🤣🤣🤣

20200515_101239.jpg20200521_171330.jpg
You’re funny Vitality. Btw Simbio sounds better without the foam, it’s wierd but it’s true, remove the foam from Simbio tips, it sounds better

May 23, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #2,057 of 3,042
You’re funny Vitality. Btw Simbio sounds better without the foam, it’s wierd but it’s true, remove the foam from Simbio tips, it sounds better

By the way you see my truck is like a tiger!
All orange with black accents! A true tigers semi truck 😛🤩😍
It was built and custom ordered by me brand new, I set all the configurations of differentials and gear ratios plus transmission type and all the aerodynamic package you see is all extra options. Even the wheelbase can be chosen by specific lenghts....

This is one of the most fuel efficient truck in north America a year average of 9.2mpg only weights 19 900 pounds!
I also got super single tired, those look like formula 1 racing cars wheels wide and low profile. Adds extra savings and weight reduction...

May 23, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #2,058 of 3,042
By the way you see my truck is like a tiger!
All orange with black accents! A true tigers semi truck 😛🤩😍
It was built and custom ordered by me brand new, I set all the configurations of differentials and gear ratios plus transmission type and all the aerodynamic package you see is all extra options. Even the wheelbase can be chosen by specific lenghts....

This is one of the most fuel efficient truck in north America a year average of 9.2mpg only weights 19 900 pounds!
I also got super single tired, those look like formula 1 racing cars wheels wide and low profile. Adds extra savings and weight reduction...
Dang! I need Tiger Powah in my life

May 23, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #2,060 of 3,042
Sorry for my ignorance. Just got the WM1Z today and I wanted to try out some sound mods. All the links I've tried are all dead, where should I go to download the tools to change to JP, then the different firmware?

wrong thread , head over to the WM1A/1Z thread and ask there, there are people eager to help you out with the new FWs and the change of region

cheers

May 23, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #2,063 of 3,042
Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #2,064 of 3,042
Before I got to ask..
Does this plate replace the rubber?
Of course it did. The rubber is stick onto something else that can easily be removed then stored away for future use
EDC422C1-E01E-4F1F-A62B-EF54824D14EC.jpeg6AEB19D7-10B3-45E0-86BD-5086D902EF55.jpeg

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #2,065 of 3,042
Before anyone ask....this Brass and gold plated back plate doesn’t impact the sound performances the way the Pure Silver back plate does. It is about the same as other materials I discussed above (negligible effects)

Only Pure Silver (inner) back plate at 22awg as I used to give better and observable performances.

So, I used 2 back plates with different materials at the moment.

A/ Pure Silver back plate
B/ Brass and Goldplated outer back plate (to seal away Bluetooth and NFC and to have better look)

May 23, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #2,067 of 3,042
Can you guys help me to source the best 47uf and 15uf electrolytic capacitors.... The higher the voltage the better.
I got my mundorf E-cap capacitors, and they are twice the size that I was thinking they were. I installed them, as I could not help myself...Had to extend all the wires, so not an ideal solution :) I could of course leave them hanging and bulging out the top, no cover, but it is anything but safe, or visually appealing.

The mundorf capacitors sound pretty damn nice, with zero burn in on my DAC.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #2,068 of 3,042
Damn I might just have to leave these capacitors as they are... they look like cancerous bulbs growing out of my dac, but the background is so clean and Black, makes the music just flourish, grow out of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back