Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #256 of 3,042
Actually i liked the musical mod by @Whitigir , but DMP1.02 is very special in soundstage and transparency, i mean for rock songs it feels a bit hollow for my taste and lacking body, but for classical or female vocals it just takes you to another world.

the musical one is a better all around, but its a bit closed in and more controlled in the treble, with some songs i just wish if DMP 1.02 is one installed.

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #257 of 3,042
That worked thanks. When I have the time I’ll try to compare the various xml files and try to understand the differences. Are each branch in the xml file implementing a part of the tuning from the various devices (1A, 1Z and Z1) so the sequence and everything makes a difference ??
XML is only a small part of the tunings. As i wrote in my original post, the tuning is affected by various files and is scattered everywhere within firmware. XML is for the identification of FW to know if you are 1A or 1Z and apply the tunings respectively. If you mess with XML, your device will not be recognized by FWs, just like many members here failing to update.

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #258 of 3,042
After ABing both musical and fun, I kinda prefer fun now. Much more fuller mids, silky smooth treble and deeper bass. And an unmistakable warmth in the sound that I love. Dunno if that’s from the J region change or the fun mod. Loving it either way.

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #259 of 3,042
After ABing both musical and fun, I kinda prefer fun now. Much more fuller mids, silky smooth treble and deeper bass. And an unmistakable warmth in the sound that I love. Dunno if that’s from the J region change or the fun mod. Loving it either way.
Exactly my observation as well. BTW it's tuned for my own preference but the majority out there I believe will find it too warm.

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #260 of 3,042
Exactly my observation as well. BTW it's tuned for my own preference but the majority out there I believe will find it too warm.

Where is the link for fun and musical?

I only got whitigir musical J

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #262 of 3,042
Where is the link for fun and musical?

I only got whitigir musical J
It’s in the zip file that @nc8000 posted in the main forum 2 days ago. All the mods are there.

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #263 of 3,042
Il wait til it gets stable and official hehe )

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #264 of 3,042
it's down atm, due to the lack of compatibility with various models.
It worked fine for mine. WM1A with J region. In fact all the mods worked well with mine. No issues whatsoever. I suspect the European models are the troublesome ones.

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #265 of 3,042
Il wait til it gets stable and official hehe )
It’s is already stable and imo the best mod of them all. FUN is my end game. Warm, Super Low and engaging bass, silky smooth treble and full bodied mids. Exactly the kind of sound sig I love. But bear in mind I also changed my region to J. So as @Whitigir mentioned, the J region change is required to fullly enjoy the mods.

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #266 of 3,042
XML is only a small part of the tunings. As i wrote in my original post, the tuning is affected by various files and is scattered everywhere within firmware. XML is for the identification of FW to know if you are 1A or 1Z and apply the tunings respectively. If you mess with XML, your device will not be recognized by FWs, just like many members here failing to update.

So essentially you need a different version of each of these 10 fw for every combination of 1A, 1Z and region where it was bought, one version will not be able to be installed on every player ?

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #267 of 3,042
It’s is already stable and imo the best mod of them all. FUN is my end game. Warm, Super Low and engaging bass, silky smooth treble and full bodied mids. Exactly the kind of sound sig I love. But bear in mind I also changed my region to J. So as @Whitigir mentioned, the J region change is required to fullly enjoy the mods.

Deeper bass and silkier treble?
Is that in comparison with dmp1.02.
Cause that how I feel about dmp1.02 with United States region not J. J actually reduced bass and made more treble.

So probably my U region + Fun will blow me outa the window with bass )

What post # is it the fun fw )

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #268 of 3,042
So essentially you need a different version of each of these 10 fw for every combination of 1A, 1Z and region where it was bought, one version will not be able to be installed on every player ?
for most mods, it's universal just like official FW. several versions are less compatible with devices so we'll need different versions for each models. There are only 2 regions needing special care though, JP and EU, I wrote about this in my spoiler.

Mar 1, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #269 of 3,042
Deeper bass and silkier treble?
Is that in comparison with dmp1.02.
Cause that how I feel about dmp1.02 with United States region not J. J actually reduced bass and made more treble.

So probably my U region + Fun will blow me outa the window with bass )

What post # is it the fun fw )
Yes compares to dmp 1.02 which I found too thin in the mids. Vocals were missing some depth to them. Hmm it’s weird that you get more treble with J region. I’m using WM1A and I see a significant bass quantity increase after I switched from Asia region.

Mar 1, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #270 of 3,042
Yes compares to dmp 1.02 which I found too thin in the mids. Vocals were missing some depth to them. Hmm it’s weird that you get more treble with J region. I’m using WM1A and I see a significant bass quantity increase after I switched from Asia region.
Hmmm, it seems I will like the sq of Fun mods. I will try it. Not liking the D1.02 as it's too thin mids for my liking, and using currently the D1.01 because of that. D1.01 is like stock 3.01 with added sound stage and a little boost in highs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back