Screenshot_20190212-222458_Yahoo Mail.jpg

I'm a little excited....

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #410 of 1,323
Lucky. 2 more weeks till I get mine

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #413 of 1,323
Protein for mkiii and Lambskin for mkii is Ryan’s recommendations

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #414 of 1,323
Protein for mkiii and Lambskin for mkii is Ryan’s recommendations
This is what he told me as well. I have the protein leather on my Mk 3s. Love them!

Feb 14, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #415 of 1,323
Wasn't that merely a recommendation for those who wanted Mk2 Argon, to achieve the same sound signature? From DMS' review I felt like except lambskin all had quite a presence in the 8-10k region and that may, unfortunately, cause a sibilance. Thus why I was interested if anyone has the experience with both as I basically have to choose one over another as it does not seem likely to be able to buy both pads from MHA and buying them from ZMF would be an option, but that is extra 15$ on top of Mk3 Argon + its shipping. Well, plus an additional tax, of course (EU).

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #416 of 1,323
Diid anyone have a chance to compare Protein and Lambskin pads? I checked DMS ans Z review and from DMS' review I was sure to get lambskin, but in Z's review it looked like the recommended are protein...
Oh man, dont do this too me...there were folks on here saying that Ryan from Modhouse said the proteins were good for the MkIII version, and lambskin for the MkII, if I remember right....I ordered the proteins for my MkIII's which havent arrived yet (Im in week 3). If they arent the right ones, Im gonna lose it. Ive been on a pad buying spree lately (Dakonis) and cant keep doing this lol.

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #417 of 1,323
Oh man, dont do this too me...there were folks on here saying that Ryan from Modhouse said the proteins were good for the MkIII version, and lambskin for the MkII, if I remember right....I ordered the proteins for my MkIII's which havent arrived yet (Im in week 3). If they arent the right ones, Im gonna lose it. Ive been on a pad buying spree lately (Dakonis) and cant keep doing this lol.
You have nothing to worry about, bud. I have the MkIII's with Protein. It sounds great!

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #418 of 1,323
You have nothing to worry about, bud. I have the MkIII's with Protein. It sounds great!
Mine just came in with the protein pads and they're amazing. You won't regret those pads.

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #419 of 1,323
Dude, it's not like the material is the deciding factor. First you have massive changes in sound effected by the internal mods, then, as long as you have some kind of leather type material, with deep angled cups, you are all good. The variance between leather/pleather is the least significant factor...they will sound like Argons, some are a teeny tiny bit brighter or not, but It's not the same as the difference between velour vs. hybrid vs. leather.
Get the headphones, slap them on your dome and listen before you get all squirelly about if you have the PERFECT pads on them or not.
I had some pleather, angled pads off of the Fostex TR-90 laying around, so I put those on to see how I liked them....and immediately forgot all about ordering yet another set of pads and just enjoyed that BASS .

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #420 of 1,323
Dude, it's not like the material is the deciding factor. First you have massive changes in sound effected by the internal mods, then, as long as you have some kind of leather type material, with deep angled cups, you are all good. The variance between leather/pleather is the least significant factor...they will sound like Argons, some are a teeny tiny bit brighter or not, but It's not the same as the difference between velour vs. hybrid vs. leather.
Get the headphones, slap them on your dome and listen before you get all squirelly about if you have the PERFECT pads on them or not.
I had some pleather, angled pads off of the Fostex TR-90 laying around, so I put those on to see how I liked them....and immediately forgot all about ordering yet another set of pads and just enjoyed that BASS .
BRUH, it was a joke. I had a little 'lol' up in my post too... I'm not really worried. I was just emphasizing how there are so many views on which ZMF pads folks like for their Argons... It changes just about each day.

And if I don't like em, I too will change the pads. That's why I said I've been on a pad buying spree, because I pad roll like a fiend... Even though I would like to tone that down a bit if I can with my new purchases

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back