Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Jan 22, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #391 of 1,323
Sweeping general question... What kind of music are y'all listening to on your Argons?
If you aren't listening to hip hop, I wonder why you have them....
'I woke up in beast mode!!'
The Argons are so much fun with hip hop...the bass is deeeep, the background is relatively dark...the soundstage that is so huge and awesome in other situations? It doesn't get in the way! (sometimes a wide soundstage make hip hop sound off/weird)

Hip-Hop and EDM, Movie Soundtracks. Anything with bumpin' bass...

Jan 22, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #392 of 1,323
They're fun to game with, too.

Jan 22, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #393 of 1,323
Jan 22, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #394 of 1,323
Jan 23, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #395 of 1,323
I got my Argons (mk2/T-X0) yesterday and spent a day listening on my office rig that's a Grace SDAC and Magni 3. It's not the ideal amount of power, but it sounded very good, and loud at 12 o'clock on the Magni's high gain.

Part of my audio tester playlist includes some frequency sweeps, and I heard a twitchy flutter around 12kHz, but I couldn't tell anything that resembled it in any other tracks. Turns out to be something about that specific track, not the cans thankfully.

I still have to listen at home on the mimby/Jotunheim (balanced) but even at this point, I'm quite impressed. I think Argons must really hit a sound signature that gels with me. One thought I had while listening was "this is the sound I tried to get out of other cans" by pad rolling and a little EQ. Deep and clear bass, detailed and present in the mids, relaxed but not dull highs.

More to come after some hours on the home rig.

Jan 23, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #396 of 1,323
I got my Argons (mk2/T-X0) yesterday and spent a day listening on my office rig that's a Grace SDAC and Magni 3. It's not the ideal amount of power, but it sounded very good, and loud at 12 o'clock on the Magni's high gain.

Part of my audio tester playlist includes some frequency sweeps, and I heard a twitchy flutter around 12kHz, but I couldn't tell anything that resembled it in any other tracks. Turns out to be something about that specific track, not the cans thankfully.

I still have to listen at home on the mimby/Jotunheim (balanced) but even at this point, I'm quite impressed. I think Argons must really hit a sound signature that gels with me. One thought I had while listening was "this is the sound I tried to get out of other cans" by pad rolling and a little EQ. Deep and clear bass, detailed and present in the mids, relaxed but not dull highs.

More to come after some hours on the home rig.
I heard a rumor from friend who had a dream that a dude told him that they add MSG to the Argons, that's why they are so good man, it's got that artificial jolt of umami!

Jan 29, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #398 of 1,323
So is the ZMF Ori the TOTL mod of the Fostex T50RP? I like my Argon MK2 so much that it has gotten me wondering how much better this little driver can perform with wood cups. Don't think I'll sell my Argon any time soon, but I may keep my eye on the for sale forum for any Ori's that may pop up.

Jan 29, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #399 of 1,323
So is the ZMF Ori the TOTL mod of the Fostex T50RP? I like my Argon MK2 so much that it has gotten me wondering how much better this little driver can perform with wood cups. Don't think I'll sell my Argon any time soon, but I may keep my eye on the for sale forum for any Ori's that may pop up.

Not for me, prefer the Argon Mk3 to the Ori... Ori still has more of the flat 'planar' sound quality. I like the Argon Mk3 because it's the planar furthest away from the 'planar' sound.

Jan 31, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #400 of 1,323
Nothing to do with Argons, I guess, more to do with T50RP Argon are based on, but is there a way to tighten the arms earcups slide on? Everytime I pick up the headphones I need to first fiddle with the earcups as they slide up and down so easily.

Jan 31, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #401 of 1,323
Nothing to do with Argons, I guess, more to do with T50RP Argon are based on, but is there a way to tighten the arms earcups slide on? Everytime I pick up the headphones I need to first fiddle with the earcups as they slide up and down so easily.
The screw that holds the comfort strap to the headband also clamps the plastic piece that holds the sliders in place. Tighten that screw and it should make the sliders tighter as well.

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #404 of 1,323
Anyone had the chance to listen to an Argon MK2 and Argon MK3 side by side? I really like my Argon MK2 (modded T-X0), especially it’s blacked-out appearance, but wonder if someone compared them both and which they preferred.

Feb 3, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #405 of 1,323
5 weeks in, gone by kinda fast, added on the deerskin strap and balanced plug to my tx0's. Already got my lambskin oval zmfs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back