Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Jul 19, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #871 of 1,323
UPS can be a nightmare outside America. Usually they have customs clearing charges, fees etc. If we're lucky we get to pay 150% of the purchase price in shipping + ransom

Jul 19, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #874 of 1,323
Tnx for reply 😊 Then its only taxes/custom clearence i have to pay.If i only could be as lucky as i was when i got the fiio fh7 last year.Then dhl was going to charge me tax/customs.But i never got the bill 😜

When you do receive them, please let us know what you had to pay for it. :relaxed:

Im close to ordering but the total cost plus tax/customs is holding me off right now.

Jul 19, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #875 of 1,323
UPS can be a nightmare outside America. Usually they have customs clearing charges, fees etc. If we're lucky we get to pay 150% of the purchase price in shipping + ransom

I havent ordered so much from the us.But i got an amp from drop.com in 2018 from the us.Didnt cost me 150 % plus..... Not sure if it was ups.But i dont think they charge that much.That sounds crazy.

Jul 20, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #878 of 1,323
That sounds ridiculous

Yeah and it is random. I bought something on special for 99 USD a few years ago. Shipping plus taxes + imaginary fees brought the total to 250 USD. Was by far not the only time it happened. Really depends exactly on your country and which country you buy from and which shipper. And some luck.

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #879 of 1,323
I have a strange question but have not been able to find an answer to on my research. I bought a used pair of Argon mk3s recently and the owner explained that the L and R designations didn’t apply, that they could be worn either way around, subject to the ZMF pad orientation. My amp is on my right side so I swapped the pads so the cable didn’t need to stretch as far as the other way round.

Today I got a Mayflower modded T50RP and I see that it has the standard L and R designation, wit the jack being in the right side, which is now he opposite of how I have my Argons setup.

Do Argons have dedicated L and R sides, and have I been doing it backwards?

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #880 of 1,323
I have a strange question but have not been able to find an answer to on my research. I bought a used pair of Argon mk3s recently and the owner explained that the L and R designations didn’t apply, that they could be worn either way around, subject to the ZMF pad orientation. My amp is on my right side so I swapped the pads so the cable didn’t need to stretch as far as the other way round.

Today I got a Mayflower modded T50RP and I see that it has the standard L and R designation, wit the jack being in the right side, which is now he opposite of how I have my Argons setup.

Officially, the cup with the audio jack where you connect the cable is for the left ear. But i guess you can wear it either way with rotation of the ear pads.

Jul 25, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #881 of 1,323

The jack goes into the left ear cup. Like any headphone, there is a left and right channel, and you would want that to be accurate when listening to music, movies, or doing any sort of gaming that requires positional accuracy. Maybe the seller just meant that the pads can be oriented in either way, but as far as sound, yes, it matters. Unless I’m missing something?

Jul 25, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #882 of 1,323
The jack goes into the left ear cup. Like any headphone, there is a left and right channel, and you would want that to be accurate when listening to music, movies, or doing any sort of gaming that requires positional accuracy. Maybe the seller just meant that the pads can be oriented in either way, but as far as sound, yes, it matters. Unless I’m missing something?
Yeah, I’m worried I’m missing something. With the Modhouse caps over top I didn’t know what was traditionally L and R and was told it was L/R agnostic. But the stock ones clearly have a prescribed orientation so I’m thinking that should still apply on the Argons or the mod process altered that. I don’t see and LR indicators on them now, but maybe that’s just an outcome of the Argon process.

What did you Argon owners do when you got them, if you’d never used an unmodded version a
Ready? I’m thinking now I should reverse my pad swap.

Update: I did a Left/Right audio channel test and confirmed that the the jack is locked in as the Left channel. I will reverse the swap and maybe try the protein leathers after starting on the lambskins.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back