Model Two / Model 88 dilemma *eek*
Aug 1, 2002 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

leon

500+ Head-Fier
Well, new apartment deserves new equipment, so I've been looking for a table radio, for radio and everything else I need speakers for.

Tivoli's Model Two is virtually perfect for me, and it looks like I'll finally be able to pull in certain weak radio stations with it.
biggrin.gif
Also, I've finally convinced myself that I probably can keep my channel-surfing tendencies in check, so I can live with an analog tuner :p

But there's one thing: I could really use some kind of timer that would turn the radio on and off. Sleep, alarm, whatever you call it.

I had a Model 88 a loooong time ago (sent it back - sounds great, but refurbished unit wouldn't tune), but don't remember what its timer features are like. I'd appreciate if one of you guys could elaborate on those features for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Or should I get a wall outlet timer, and use that with the Model Two? Is using those timers an act you'd recommend, or avoid? Thanks in advance.

Aug 2, 2002 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 7
I used a small programmable timer to turn on a shortwave receivier as my alarm clock for a long time, and had no problem. The down side was turning it on if I wanted to use it at other times. The timer was hard to get to. I had two schedules in it= one that I went to sleep to and one that I woke up to. Worked just fine.

Aug 2, 2002 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 7
I would go for the Model Two - I absolutely LOVE my Model One, and I think another speaker would just make it downright incredible!!

Aug 2, 2002 at 4:51 AM Post #6 of 7
If you do a search for "Model Two" here, you'll find lots of accolates from me. The Model Two sounds significantly better, and has a better tuner, than the Model 88. It looks a lot better, too
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2002 at 5:30 AM Post #7 of 7
So I've noticed, MacDEF... *giggle*

I've also got an iBook/iPod purchase coming up - probably end of the month, I'm waiting for Apple to bundle X.2 with the iBook
smily_headphones1.gif

edit - and I paid for .mac! Corporate America, tsk tsk
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back