Moby's new album was designed to be listened to with headphones!
Aug 15, 2002 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
One has gotta love it when an artist intentionally makes an album that is to be listened to with headphones. Moby did just that with his latest album: 18. Here is the interview.

I like Moby a lot, have for a decade now, but I really REALLY liked 18, even more than Play.

Aug 16, 2002 at 9:46 AM Post #2 of 6
Oooo yeah, I'm getting to like this album! At first I wasn't impressed, not at all; it was too much like a watered-down Play at the first two or three listens. But I plonked it on the platter after getting my new phono stage (yay! vinyl!) and, suddenly, there it is. Sure, it's similar in style to Play, but it isn't just a Play 2. And it sounds very pleasant through my Staxes!

What is Moby's older stuff like? I had Animal Rights, but I thought it was dreadful. Go! was really good, i thought. Is Ambient anything like Play?
Andrew

PS Zanth - I saw Moby live when I was on holiday in Vancouver two years ago, you weren't there by any chance? Good concert, I hadn't heard his work before.

Aug 16, 2002 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 6
i have to agree that it's a very chill album. it's something to put on if you had a few friends over and rather than watch tv or something equally mindless, you put on some good music at a low volume and have some decent conversation. this is one of my favorite "genres" that i like to put albums into. massive attack's releases go into this as well as portishead.

Oct 31, 2002 at 1:00 PM Post #5 of 6
geom_tol: wow...can I ride in the elevators you do? Never heard anything like this in an elevator. My experience has been Kenny G'ish... if I could listen to Moby in an elevator I would monopolize that ride pretty freaking fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back