Mobile version of Head-Fi?
Jun 21, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #153 of 165
the amount of times i am on here on my ipod touch indicates a mobile version is greatly needed. currently it's a pain to use on mobile devices.

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #154 of 165
bcasey - tapatalk (the name of the app) has an ios version that should work on your touch.  It is definitely worth $2 to pick it up.  If you have an android device, Convo is free.

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #155 of 165
bcasey - tapatalk (the name of the app) has an ios version that should work on your touch.  It is definitely worth $2 to pick it up.  If you have an android device, Convo is free.

$2 hmmm. i will look into it.

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #156 of 165
Ok I purchased tapatalk

Jul 5, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #159 of 165
Tabloid - I've had the same issue twice now, but all you have to do is uninstall and reinstall tapatalk to get it running again. It seems to be a bug with the client app that only impacts access to this forum.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #160 of 165
So I think the tapatalk issues many of us have been having arise out of something stored in the app's cache.

I found myself unable to connect again via tapatalk yesterday (while Convo, an alternate tapatalk client continued to work). This time, instead of reinstalling, I went into settings -> apps -> tapatalk and simply cleared the cache. This fixed the issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #161 of 165
Tapatalk is ok. Its best use is for posting and uploading pictures, which is great. However it is a little confusing figuring out what I've read and what I haven't.

Edit: and it did not auto subscribe me to this thread when I posted from it. Weird.

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #162 of 165

Quote:

I found myself unable to connect again via tapatalk yesterday (while Convo, an alternate tapatalk client continued to work). This time, instead of reinstalling, I went into settings -> apps -> tapatalk and simply cleared the cache. This fixed the issue.

Hmmm...I'm having issues with Tapatalk too.  I don't see a place to bring up my PM's...is that normal?  I also tried to see who's online and it failed saying that it wasn't able to connect to the forum.  So I tried clearing the cache and that didn't work. 

Any ideas?

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #163 of 165
 Also, I'm currently running an Ipad 2, which actually works very well with head-fi.  Problem is...I don't actually want an Ipad 2.  Head-fi actually runs quite well on my Droid Thunderbolt.  I installed Tapatalk to see how well it worked but I believe it's alittle broken right now, since I can't seem to find my PM inbox.  But it's blazing fast.  But given that my Tbolt already handles head-fi pretty well, I can see myself not using Tapatalk especially in it's current state.

Now...I actually had a Motorola Xoom tablet for about 14 days.  For some reason Head-fi runs like a complete turd.  Extreme loading times and extreme lag when I type with either the touchscreen or a bluetooth keyboard.  I tried the stock google search engine, dolphin, opera and another couple.  I had the best success with firefox, but it was still quite slow.

I went to best buy and Verizon as well, and checked out the Ipad 2 and the Samsung Galaxy 10.1.  The Ipad 2 was the clear winner for head-fi.  The Galaxy had the same issues.  So I'd suspect that anything with Honeycome does not handle head-fi. 

I certainly hope there is a fix out there.  Anyone know? 

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #165 of 165
I've been getting an "unknown error" when attempting to log in with Tapatalk. It states the server may have an issue with Tapatalk or that my session may have expired. Deleting the log in credentials and logging in again hasn't worked. I've had this issue for a few weeks now. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Nvm. Read a few posts above and cleared the cache. All good now.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back