Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Oct 9, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #316 of 389
  Does anyone know how the On+ setting is configured (measurements or subjective prediction works), how much of a bass boost and how wide/deep the boost is configured etc.

I have not seen any scientific measures. I also have no idea how it actually works, but my take on the sound is this. I don't really even hear much of a difference in some songs between + or on. What I do hear is more of a sub bass and it appears that is when sub bass is present already in a song it accentuates it.

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #317 of 389
I guessed it was roughly a 1~2 db increase with On+, I was a bit disappointed with it. Honestly, if it had been more substantial, I might have kept the headphone.

Oct 13, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #323 of 389
I have found the info in VERY small letters on the box. The Mo-Fi is made in China (designed in the USA).

I certainly hope you're not implying that this is an inherently negative trait.

Oct 13, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #324 of 389
No not inherently negative and not implied as such, but nonetheless something I like to know. Without getting into a political discussion, for a variety of reasons one may find this information useful.  

Is there a reason why you presume my mentioning it was negative?  

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #325 of 389

Is there a reason why you presume my mentioning it was negative?  

None specific to you personally, just that people tend to be really snooty/anal about things like that. Glad to hear you're not one of them.

Cheers.

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #326 of 389
  None specific to you personally, just that people tend to be really snooty/anal about things like that. Glad to hear you're not one of them.

Cheers.

For the past few years they have been cracking down on counterfeit products, and as such has applied such rigorous checking methods to their own QC methods.

It's a slow process, but QC in Chinese Manufacturers are beginning to see consistency across the board. The Mo-Fi being one of the many examples.

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #330 of 389
Excellent and thorough review. Mine are on the way. I wish I'd waited until after November 1st. The big river is giving a full refund on returns until January 31, 2015 for purchases made after 11/14. You just never know when or if you will need to do a return. I wish I would have waited a few days. You have a wonderful site and I am happy to be here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back